Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 AM

Default What to do when an affiliate goes rogue?

This question is still hypothetical, but could possibly be relevant to me in the near future.

Basically, what I would like to know is what steps can be taken against a rogue affiliate to ensure that more people do not sign up through the affiliate (let's assume their site is still up and functional). What are the proper places to post information about the affiliate?

My main concern, as I stated, is to make sure more people do not fall into the affiliate's trap - thus it is important to me to make sure people who may come across the site are likely to see a warning first.

Secondarily, do I personally have any recourse in a situation where an affiliate has gone rogue? I am not looking for things as drastic as, 'take legal action,' I just want to know what my options are.

And please, save your admonishments of do your research etc. You're just wasting everyone's time. The affiliate in question was on RRR (they are not anymore - it was removed a few days after I signed up). The bottom line is that some people are always going to get ripped off, and if it's me this time, I don't really care too much - like I said, my top priority is making sure other people are not affected.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: What to do when an affiliate goes rogue?

Legal action? I highly doubt that unfortunately, I think your first step in recourse would be to go to Rake rebate review and make a post in their "rogue affiliate" forum.

Then, proceed to flame, tear, and rip the scamming affiliate so bad that no one will ever talk to him again. You can do that through any communication methods you see fit.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Definitely post your bad experience at RRR, if you haven't already.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:41 PM

Stop playing for him of course. Making noise on internet forums is optional. I doubt I would have the energy to do it beyond 2+2.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:16 PM

Thank you for your replies. As I already stated, this affiliate has been removed from the RRR and there is a post about it in the forum there. If the affiliate continues to show rogue-ish tendencies, can I divulge the name of the affiliate in this forum?

[ QUOTE ]
Legal action? I highly doubt that unfortunately

[/ QUOTE ]
Please note that I was not implying that I was planning on taking some legal action. I think if you re-read the OP this will become evident.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:29 PM

You can also go to Moondoggpoker.com. They also have a rougue affilates forum, and will try to help. When it happened to me, the only thing that I was able to do in the end was to stop playing at Empire so the affiliate would no longer get paid. Telling Empire that I wanted my account closed because of the affiliate did not even draw a reply.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can also go to Moondoggpoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I wasn't aware of this one. I'll try to get over there a little bit later today. As I stated, my primary goal is just to get the word out.

To any mods - can I post the affiliates name?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 PM

I'd get Dawg the Bounty Hunter to track down his ass and make him pay up. Nothing like some mace in a holster to scare the crap out of some scumbag.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:06 PM

On some sites you can unregister under the affiliate for instance, so if he stops paying you just dont have to stop playing you just get his tracker out the door and hes gone... thou you may not sign with someone else either, but atleast you can keep playing and the jerk doesnt get a penny...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Default An Idea Someone Could Try

I have never done anything like this and I don't know what would happen.

Complain to the site. Tell them you signed up at their site because <scumbag> promised you rakeback. Act naive and presume that the site is legally obligated to pay you the money you are owed. Ask them to pay up. When they say 'no', act like an angry comsumer who thinks he's been ripped off by a dishonest poker room.

Don't expect to be paid of course, but maybe you can provoke the site into severing its relationship with the affiliate. Some sites allow rakeback and some don't, but I don't think any sites support rakeback scams. He's hurting them as much as he's hurting you. The difference is they have power over him and you don't.