Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Interesting Hand, 2 pair vs single suited flop

I ran into this hand a few days ago and wondered what others would do in this situation. i.e. the play was obvious to me at the time, but what do I know!

I have no specific read on any of the players, but in general I have found that most of the players at Golden Palace are very loose i.e. they will limp with many hands, especially any 2 suited. They will call with almost anything, but will only bet and/or raise with a real hand.

Playing 1/2 at Golden Palace I limp in on the button with QTo, after 2 early position players limp. The SB completes and the BB checks.

(4.75sb) The Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I have top 2 pair which is good, but this is a very coordinated board. Possible made straight, possible made flush and even a possible straight flush, and with 4 opponents, lots of re-draws.

The SB and BB both check, first early positiion bets, next early position raises. There are now 7.75 sb in the pot, and I must call 2 to stay, so pot odds of less than 3.5 to one. I may be drawing dead, and there are 2 players still to act.

What is my play here
Old 03-02-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hand, 2 pair vs single suited flop

I can't decide between calling and rasing...but i'd be raising. You want to get single [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold. It's also worth the implied odds if you hit the Q or T (6 outs) against a flush.
Anyone else call or raise?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide between calling and rasing...but i'd be raising. You want to get single [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold. It's also worth the implied odds if you hit the Q or T (6 outs) against a flush.
Anyone else call or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably favor raising here also, and then see how the turn goes. Some of the flush draws could be betting on the draw.. Also, isn't it 4 outs to hit the Q or T?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:43 PM

duh..4 outs...my math sucks.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:56 PM

call and raise a non diamond turn.