Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Turn action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 betting pre-flop is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call the turn. To checkraise the whole field, when that card brought in 2 double gutters and 3 of the 9's are accounted for, I think he has kj or j8 about 90% of the time. Sure you want to shut out the rest of the field unelss the guy has specificly q10 or bottom set whatever that was but I think your behind way to much here to 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is a gambler, he could have KQ or Qx (TP or two pair or a pair /w draw or less likely a draw or even less likely a set). All hero have represented thus far is top pair. He could very well be check-raised by many hands that he could beat. as for check raising the whole field, it's quite irrelavent since they have all just been calling.

- Kenny
Old 09-20-2005, 01:10 PM

I put the SB on QT just as often as I put him on KJ here...

you call and check/call on the river, unless another straight card/flush card hits, then you probably have to dump it.

However, your flop play is a little suspect. I check to the pre-flop raiser, who will more than likely bet, then you can make it two bets to the SB. If he is on a draw, he will more than likely lay it down - if he doesn't, you're giving him the wrong odds to continue.

This was a perfect example of not being able to protect your hand with a bet, so taking a small risk and going for the CR is the right play here, IMO.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:47 PM

I say in live poker especialy at canterbury park, especialy in the biggest game in the room where the guy prolly isnt that comfortable, that he has a straight at least 90% of the time....See if I'm right I guess...Online I would prolly be just as inclined to 3 bet as the rest of you. I might not, but I might.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:53 PM

Default results

Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
UTG (huge fish) limps, another limper, guy who is running absurdly hot raises, SB (is a gambler...does some weird stuff, but I haven't seen him go competley insane yet.) calls, I call in the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], limpers call.

Flop (5 players): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, limper folds, PFR'er calls, SB calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, PFRer calls, SB raises , I 3-bet. I tend to assume the worst in these spots, but with 2 guys left to act behind me and the board so draw heavy, i felt i needed to protect my hand. if i'm behind, i still have outs. The raise folded the other 2 guys out, and SB called.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB folds. odd.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:07 PM

PREFLOP: standard, FLOP: Standard. TURN: You must 3 bet this. I know theres a good chance that the small blind has a straight, but he may just have two pair, and the main reason you must 3 bet the turn is to force any gutshot behind you to fold the times your hand still is best. This pot is large, and protecting your hand on the turn is more important than worrying about whether you are ahead or not.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 30/60 (9 handed)
UTG (huge fish) limps, another limper, guy who is running absurdly hot raises, SB (is a gambler...does some weird stuff, but I haven't seen him go competley insane yet.) calls, I call in the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], limpers call.

Flop (5 players): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, limper folds, PFR'er calls, SB calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, PFRer calls, SB raises , I 3-bet. I tend to assume the worst in these spots, but with 2 guys left to act behind me and the board so draw heavy, i felt i needed to protect my hand. if i'm behind, i still have outs. The raise folded the other 2 guys out, and SB called.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB folds. odd.

[/ QUOTE ]
You played your hand perfectly on every street. Looks like the SB had 109, that seems like a hand he may checkraise the turn on and fold on that river card.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:30 PM

wrong again...big suprise...
Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh...you're rarely wrong.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In multi-way pots there are many scenario's where its more important to make the right play than the right read. I too mightve put my opponent on a straight, But you still must raise to protect your hand for all those times your read is wrong.