Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Pass the sugar!

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i thought it was very douche like especially since there were 2 more cards to come.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i thought it was very douche like especially since there were 2 more cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the only hand that makes him look like a douche is QQ. Nevermind the fact that black could have had AQ/KK/AA.

I can understand Hachem's celebration. You flop the nut flush and the other guy has pushed you all-in and the only hand you have to be worried about is a set. Seriously, 9 out of 10 people here would have done the same thing.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
why? as celebrations go it was the most non-obnoxious
Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you compare it to the screaming swede or those morons like the bowling guy it is "non-obnoxious", but when you compare it to a real professional (with a few exceptions) it's still obnoxious, not to mention pre-mature.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM

When he said it he thought he had a lock and by the look on his face think he really regretted saying it after seeing the set.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:23 PM

I was only posting b/c i have never heard the phrase pass the sugar in that context, i could care less if he said it with 2 cards to come, i dont get offended by everything like most people in this forum.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was only posting b/c i have never heard the phrase pass the sugar in that context, i could care less if he said it with 2 cards to come, i dont get offended by everything like most people in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to get offended by something to think its a douchey remark. Okay, the line itself....cheesy.

If it was a clever line I'd say so but still make fun of the timing.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you compare it to the screaming swede or those morons like the bowling guy it is "non-obnoxious", but when you compare it to a real professional (with a few exceptions) it's still obnoxious, not to mention pre-mature.

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree. At that point in the tourny all players are prone to let off some nervous energy. How calmly would you react if you have a chance to double up in a tournament of that magnitude? What other so called obnoxious displays did you see Hachem making? Even the "mature" pros you "point out" will show emotion upon occasion --only a robot sits perfectly motionless at the poker table.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the only hand that makes him look like a douche is QQ. Nevermind the fact that black could have had AQ/KK/AA.

I can understand Hachem's celebration. You flop the nut flush and the other guy has pushed you all-in and the only hand you have to be worried about is a set. Seriously, 9 out of 10 people here would have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 people may have THOUGHT they had a lock without seeing the set, but I seriously doubt that 90% of the posters here are dickheads... I say call, turn over my nut flush, and wait to see if he fills up, because obviously the only hand that pushes there is a set, KcKx, or AcQx, and since he had the Ac and the dood would have pushed KK preflop, it was pretty obvious what he had.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 PM

I don't remember the stack sizes, but I don't think Black pushes KK preflop. Hachem raised, Black reraised, Hachem called. Nothing in that makes KK at all unlikely. Pushing would have been a ridiculous overbet there.