Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: What makes religion and politics so different?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You appear to assume that deaths in Iraq due to politics and religion began with the US invasion. That assumption is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, theweatherman also seems to place no value on democracy. The millions of Iraqis who will be voting again tomorrow <u>do</u> value democracy, as did the thousands of Americans who died in the American revolution.

I sometimes get the impression that some people would have millions live in totalitarianism if it could save a single life. Being alive is not the most important thing in the world, the quality of life and freedom matters too. Some just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our legal system disagrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a point, please state it. Your response is vague and worthless as stated.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Do people usually do things for you when you talk to them like that? I am certainly not going to go through the trouble of explaining a relatively simple point to someone so insulting.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am certainly not going to go through the trouble of explaining

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why your posts lack value.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am certainly not going to go through the trouble of explaining

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why your posts lack value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might also have something to do with **
Old 12-14-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same legal system that sanctions killing people to protect oneself from serious injury, rape, or kidnap, right?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:19 PM

I believe those were UN Sanctions. And the deaths there due to politics and religion predated that, too and predated the first Gulf War, and probably predated Saddam as well.

Oh, but I forgot, you're one of those morons who thinks the US is always the bad guy.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same legal system that sanctions killing people to protect oneself from serious injury, rape, or kidnap, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought capital punishment was only for murder cases (I could definitely be wrong here, IAMNAL)
Old 12-14-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought capital punishment was only for murder cases (I could definitely be wrong here, IAMNAL)

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong here, but I read that as referring to the right to use lethal force to protect oneself from serious injury, etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You appear to assume that deaths in Iraq due to politics and religion began with the US invasion. That assumption is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, theweatherman also seems to place no value on democracy. The millions of Iraqis who will be voting again tomorrow <u>do</u> value democracy, as did the thousands of Americans who died in the American revolution.

I sometimes get the impression that some people would have millions live in totalitarianism if it could save a single life. Being alive is not the most important thing in the world, the quality of life and freedom matters too. Some just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I see there are people waiting in line to take shots at me. My post was totally non political, all I was pointing out is that politics and religion are extremely different from from television preference because they have such enormous consequences.

I could of said that religion and poilitics have brought democracyadn justice to Iraq and it would of meant the same thing, so reign in your flamers.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:05 AM

Religion and politics share the distinction of being two subjects on which liberals are so wrong. And being wrong on one nearly assures being wrong on the other.