Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Seven vs. Ten
For Your Eyes Only (7) 71 47.97%
Red Dawn (10) 77 52.03%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: I call this right??

Don't be results orientated, this is an easy call.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's pushing <11%, yes, this is a call.

KJ isn't in this range by the way. (44+, ATo+, A8s+, KQs)

[/ QUOTE ]If the calling range for SB and BB is QQ+, AK (as some have suggested) then SNGPT says it's right for the button to push with 53% of hands and KJo is clearly in that range. Note though, that the push range changes significantly if you add JJ into the calling range, and again if you add TT to the calling range -- the push range is 6% when the calling range is TT+, AK. Also note that the button has more than 10x the BB, so it might be right to try something besides an all-in.

If you make the push range something like 99+,ATo+,KQ+,A8s+ (does that seem a reasonable real life range?) it's not right to push call with QQ.

What kind of real world range would you put on pusher's hand?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be results orientated, this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]It's the bad results that often get us to thinking. I also thought it was an easy call, but a little playing with push ranges has got me thinking maybe I'm wrong.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM

I cant say that I am correct, but I call this without much hesitation. The short stack isnt very "short" and the blinds arent that high. Unless you have a good read on the pusher I call this.

I think calling with AK here is worse then QQ. There isnt a feeling like calling with AK and being behind a small pair. I havent done the analysis, so I may be wrong.

It is best to leave results out, but I think your intentions were pure. The reason isnt so much because results make it a "bad beat post", but more because you will get better, honest answers. People are horrible, some WILL give a different answer based on the outcome. So why put it there at all?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:51 PM

i know people like to say they fold JJ here but does anyone do that? Maybe I suck but i think folding JJ would be -EV making folding QQ that much more -EV.