Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Default game controllers for multi-tablers

Anyone use a controller to multi-table Sng's? My wrist and elbow are killing me from using my mouse. I tried to search a thred but there was only one without any answers. I saw a picture of a guy the other day who was using a controller to multi-table and I was wondering if anyone had any info. Thanks.

--LoO
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: game controllers for multi-tablers

the guy you are referring to is "slim pickens" i believe. i dont exactly known how well his set up works. do a search for his post.

also, you may have much better luck with this question in the internet forum. just a thought.

bj
Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 AM

yeah, couldnt decide where to post, but i figured everyone who multi-tables sng's looks here so hopefully one of them has an idea.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:55 AM

here's a Link
Old 08-16-2005, 04:25 AM

I made a post last week about MTH. If you use that you can multi-table using only your keyboard.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:57 AM

try this, worked for my elbow and shoulder probs, I use it reclined in a lazyboy, with the trackball sitting on a pillow in my lap. This way the only thing you move is you figertips.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846

Steve
Old 08-16-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
try this, worked for my elbow and shoulder probs, I use it reclined in a lazyboy, with the trackball sitting on a pillow in my lap. This way the only thing you move is you figertips.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

but... when some donk sucks out on your AK with A3, dont you have to go through a lot of effort to sit up in your lazy chair to reach the keyboard and type "nice hit fish"??
Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 AM

I use my keypad, and basically don't type anything. Very rarely. Maybe 'gg' at the end.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM

Yeah, that was me. So my big worry about using only button control is the distinct possibility of misclicks. What I'm going to do, when I get off my ass and go to the electronics store, is get a USB controller with two analog sticks. What I'm pretty sure this will allow me to do is set the sensitivity of each one independently, so I can have one for fast motion and the other for fine control. I also have a number pad for typing in bets because the lack of fine control makes it impossible to use the slider. My current controller looks like a Super Nintendo controller with two extra shoulder buttons. I think others are ahead of me now on this quest for perfect mouse-only control with a game pad.

This works OK for the early levels 4-tabling but gets a little cumbersome at bubble time.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm surprised anyone can multitable using the mouse. I did it for about three days before I had to take a week off to rest the tendonitis I was getting in my shoulder and wrist.

AutoHotKeys is my reccomendation. Add a wireless keyboard and you're all set. Anything you can do with a mouse, you can do with your keyboard. The fact that I can play without ever touching the mouse during a session is the only reason I am able to 8-table. Only problem is you can't type notes or chat.

I have basic scripts for Party skins, PokerStars, and FullTilt if anyone who doesn't use it wants to try it out.