Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 03:52 AM

Default NFL Survivor pick\'em league

Ok, high stakes league (high for me, $100 a man), half the league was eliminated last week (for picking the vikings and rams mostly). 13 remain out of 30 winner take all, I took the Pats last week. Do I HAVE to go Eagles over Niners this week? I mean, this appears to be the sure bet, but I figure everyone in the league is going to go eagles this week, (No one did laat week).

Any one think it would be crazy to take the Cowboys over the Redskins on Monday night at home? ( i did some research, the Cowboys have won 12 of their last 13 at home vs. Washington.) If the Niners upset the eagles I could win this thing this week.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: NFL Survivor pick\'em league

Indy at home?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:02 AM

FWIW I am taking the Cowboys on Mon night. Indy seems to be the biggest favorite by far though not Philly....I just love home teams on Mon night, especially b/c if Indy gets upset everyone might go down with the ship. The Redskins also looked horrible eking out a win over CHI last week, while JAX soundly beat SEA. Kinda funny though...I took WASH over CHI as my pick last week and now I'm going against them in week 2.

Another oddity.....my league is ALL minnesotans yet only one of us picked the Vikings. Hmmm....I guess we have all become bitter over the years.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:29 AM

Chargers over the Broncos
Old 09-16-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chargers over the Broncos

[/ QUOTE ]

that wouldn't be smart.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:18 AM

Green Bay is the clear choice this week. Philly and Indy have soft schedules and you're going to need them later. I'm as down on the Packers as everybody else, but look at their schedule - this is the week to take 'em with Favre coming off a terrible game and playing arguably the league's worst team at home.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Green Bay is the clear choice this week. Philly and Indy have soft schedules and you're going to need them later. I'm as down on the Packers as everybody else, but look at their schedule - this is the week to take 'em with Favre coming off a terrible game and playing arguably the league's worst team at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always think about saving picks but in the few years I have played these things they never go past week 6, I decided this year I would not try to "save" a team.

I'm not trying to save Philly, I just think Dallas is almost as big a lock and people might not pick them
Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM

I don't think you can pick GB until you see how their line plays. Their D is awful and they seem to me to be anything but a lock.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:36 PM

Meh, I'm not into saving teams just to be cute. I took Pittsburgh last week. The Browns are just awful and Favre is coming off a bad game, and Reggie White's number is getting retired...don't see a problem despite the possibility of GB only winning 6-7 games this year.

Yeah, Dallas should win too cause of the Skins putrid offense, but anytime Drew Bledsoe is facing a good aggressive defense, there's always the danger of him providing the offense for the opponent.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:59 PM

The Eagles next few games are home vs. Oakland, at Kansas City and at Dallas....never done one of these pools myself, but I'd figure saving a team for later is a good way to get eliminated unless you really have another pick you're equally confident in. Since McNabb is apparently ok, I personally wouldn't play around, I'd just take Philly.

No question the Cowboys own Washington right now, but in a rivalry game like that, now in Gibbs' second year, it's hard to see the Redskins being flat for this game. May not matter, but I'd feel a lot safer with Philly.

Jacksonville played Indy tough both games last year and beat them in Indianapolis, so I'd leave that one alone too. Also the Colts get Cleveland at home next week, so go with the Eagles this week and Indy next.

Looks like week 4 is going to be tricky for elimination pools.