Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 08:18 PM

Default AQs against a player who hates my guts

Here's the situation. This villian in this hand hates me. He's a very tight player and I have taken a couple of big pots off him. He's totally ABC, except against me. Against me he is the trickiest sob that ever lived and loose as hell. He reraised me every single time with any ace, and played his draws super aggressively. That having been said, do you play it this way?

(converter is kinda effed up sorry)

50/100 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 10-28-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: AQs against a player who hates my guts

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the situation. This villian in this hand hates me. He's a very tight player and I have taken a couple of big pots off him. He's totally ABC, except against me. Against me he is the trickiest sob that ever lived and loose as hell. He reraised me every single time with any ace, and played his draws super aggressively. That having been said, do you play it this way?

(converter is kinda effed up sorry)

50/100 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the point of the turn raise. The way you describe him, he prolly thinks you are FOS and he is not folding a pair, and you have the second-nut non-pair hand. Let him bluff again on the river and call down.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:39 PM

i'm in agreeance on the turn raise- he's not laying down jack here given your description

i call down here.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:40 PM

Turn raise is just vast spewage. Given the read, his turn raise means one of two things:

1) Your hand is good.
2) Your hand isn't good.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You can't be sure of which because he's so tricky against you .

Just call down.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:37 PM

Actually, given your history, I'm not even sure you need to pay off the whole way here. If he thinks you have A-hi and he wants you to fold cuz he doesn't have anything, why would he lead the flop...I'd think he'd go for a stronger play like a c/r. Therefore, my guess is he's hit and I'd be tempted to just muck it and wait for a real hand.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:32 PM

so raising him once on the turn is not good?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, given your history, I'm not even sure you need to pay off the whole way here. If he thinks you have A-hi and he wants you to fold cuz he doesn't have anything, why would he lead the flop...I'd think he'd go for a stronger play like a c/r. Therefore, my guess is he's hit and I'd be tempted to just muck it and wait for a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 11:35 PM

he knows I know he's FOS if he checkraises the flop. a bet is his "strongest" play here, because it looks like he's betting and he expects me to raise. but since I know this, and I know that he knew this, the bet was actually weak to me.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:24 AM

your thinking too much for a very small pot.

let it go and wait for a better spot.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your thinking too much for a very small pot.

let it go and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but that's just poor analysis. If you can't think like this heads up, you have a major hole in your poker game.