Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Bankrollbonanza owner is scum

I'm officially pissed off.

www.bankrollbonanza.com is being run by a criminal. He is literally stealing from people, and I'm ready to take whatever action I can.

Just over a month ago I did three referrals through his site. I should be getting 3x$50 in PartyPoker gift certificates from him. I was patient at first. I figured it could take a couple of weeks to make it happen.

Well, after three weeks I started posting on the message board at that site. Also sent a few emails to his address. I was very polite, and just figured the dude was busy. However, his message boards started going crazy with people wondering why the guy wasn't getting back to questions and requests for why no one was getting paid.

Today the link to the message board was removed. This is not good. I'm pissed. If anyone has a suggestion on how to proceed I would love to hear it. I've already taken the time to contact all of the sites that he advertises on his site.

Edit: I looked it up. Its been six weeks (8-10-05) since I finished all three referrals through this guys site.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Bankrollbonanza owner is scum

Call the police?

(its not like they are "literally" stealing from people)
Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 AM

I can verify all of the details that the OP mentions as I am another one of the people who got ripped off by this affiliate (I did two referrals through him).

Numberous emails and phone calls have all been ignored. During this time his site has been updated a number of times, showing that he clearly still intends to run the site and steal from more people. Let's be clear: if you do a signup through this site, be aware that he has NO intention of paying you.

The most recent change to the website was removing the forum - this was obviously done so all the victimized users could no longer communicate with each other. There had been posts for a week or two about how the person running the site was incommunicado.

In any event, here was some important information that one user dug up and posted on the forum:
Benjamin A (bankrollbonanza@yahoo.com)
+1.3109084338
Fax: +1.3109084338
2438 Roscomare Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90077

It is my intention to continue to try and contact him via email and phone. I will also be contacting every site he is an affiliate with and try to get them to revoke his status. I will be explaining the situation to them and directing them to this thread. I would urge anyone else who got ripped off to do the same.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most recent change to the website was removing the forum - this was obviously done so all the victimized users could no longer communicate with each other. There had been posts for a week or two about how the person running the site was incommunicado.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the kicker for me. I've posted this on lots of forums. Also sent emails to every site that he is an affiliate for. He's pissed me off. Taking down the forum was a BIG mistake.

We were all being VERY civil on that board. Everyone was waiting patiently just waiting for some sort of communication back from him. Then he drops the board entirely? Big mistake.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 PM

I have composed an email and just sent it off a moment ago. The email was sent to the following sites (all the ones listed on the Bankroll Bonanza site:

Pacific Poker: marketing@PacificPoker.com
Poker Room: support@pokerroom.com
Royal Vegas: Support@RoyalVegasPoker.com
7 Sultans: Support@7SultansPoker.com
Bodog: service@bodog.com
Paradise Poker: support@paradisepoker.com
Aces.com: cashier@aces.com
Players Only: support@playersonly.com
Absolute Poker: Support@AbsolutePoker.com
Ultimate Bet: memberservices@ultimatebet.com

Or, if you're writing an email, just copy and paste this into the 'To' field:

marketing@PacificPoker.com, support@pokerroom.com, Support@RoyalVegasPoker.com, Support@7SultansPoker.com, service@bodog.com, support@paradisepoker.com, cashier@aces.com, support@playersonly.com, Support@AbsolutePoker.com, memberservices@ultimatebet.com

My email was titled, 'Reporting Rogue Affiliate - Bankroll Bonanza.' Here's a copy. Feel free to send this or a modified version.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing with regards to an affiliate who works with your site. Please forward this email to the relevant department. The affiliate in question operates the website www.bankrollbonanza.com.

I signed up through two of the affiliate links on the Bankroll Bonanza page. My first account was verified quickly and I was given store credit. When my second account was not verified in a timely manner I attempted to contact the affiliate at BankrollBonanza@yahoo.com, the contact address listed on the site. From 9/13 to 9/20 I wrote four emails, none of which were returned or even acknowledged.

It was at this point that I began to explore the Bankroll Bonanza Forum (there used to be a link to this on the main page, it is not longer active). It turned out that a few other users were having the same problems – they had done sign ups through the Bankroll Bonanza links and were not receiving any credit, nor were they receiving any responses in their efforts to contact Bankroll Bonanza.

All of the conversation on the forum was civil, as most people were simply interested in receiving what they were promised, and many had had positive experiences in the past. Some people seemed to feel that the lack of contact from Bankroll Bonanza would be explained and everything would be resolved soon.

Then on 9/23 the link to the forum on the main page was removed. This prevented users from talking to one another and receiving updates on the situation. It had been noted that while Bankroll Bonanza was not responding to any customers, they had updated their web page on several occasions, removing the forum link was just the most recent modification. Many users were frustrated by this fact as it showed that Bankroll Bonanza was still operating and was blatantly ignoring everyone’s requests for information and for Bankroll Bonanza to make good on it’s sign up offers.

Please review this thread on the 2+2 forums as it contains the latest information on the Bankroll Bonanza situation, and a few people who had been posting on the Bankroll Bonanza forum (including myself) are now posting there: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1

Although Bankroll Bonanza owes me money, that is not my primary concern. I know that the respective poker sites I am writing to cannot force Bankroll Bonanza to pay me, nor are they responsible for fulfilling the terms of Bankroll Bonanza’s sign up offers. However, what they can do, and what I am requesting them to do, is revoke Bankroll Bonanza’s affiliate status. Allowing Bankroll Bonanza to continue to exist and sign people up through their affiliate links and then not pay them is fraud, and tarnishes the images of the poker sites involved.

I am appending below the contact information for the Bankroll Bonanza site. One user found this information (I am not sure how), and posted it on Bankroll Bonanza before the forum was removed. I am not sure whether or not it will be the same information that this affiliate registered with each poker site.

Benjamin A (bankrollbonanza@yahoo.com)
+1.3109084338
Fax: +1.3109084338
2438 Roscomare Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90077

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. Again, my request is that Bankroll Bonanza’s affiliate status be revoked.

Sincerely,
[name removed]

I will be posting any replies I receive from the sites in this thread.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:07 PM

wow, remind me never to scam you.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:57 PM

Wow, this comes as a suprise to me. I did 3 or 4 affiliate signups thru BB.com, and received all of my gift cards. I even had a leftover balance of like $30 there after I did all of the signups I was eligible for, and asked him if he could send me that $30 in an Amazon GC, which he did. I'm not saying things aren't shady now, but this was all in the last 3 months. He was slow, and I had to be persistent with my e-mails, but everything worked out. E-mail him and direct him to this thread, maybe that will get his attention.

Schwatt
Old 09-24-2005, 04:18 PM

I'm with you guys. He owes me as well. If the poker rooms will give up his info., we can find him. They must have it;I'm sure they've paid him. He hasn't returned the favor to us though.

I also sent emails to several sites.

The phone number is a cell, which can't be traced. The address is a residence but no one named Benjamin lives there. If we get the full last name though, everything changes.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:51 PM

His name is Jeff, AFAIK.

I got partial credit for one bonus, and then nothing afterwards.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:01 AM

When I checked my email today I had an unusually large amount of junk mail. This email account happens to be the one I have been using to attempt to contact the Bankroll Bonanza site management. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I DO NOT think this is a coincidence. It would appear that Bankroll Bonanza has decided to sign up for all sorts of wonderful promotional offers using my email address.

I wanted to post this so that people could see how entirely classless this affiliate is behaving. If people have had positive experiences in the past, that is fine. But it does nothing to change the fact that the affiliate has now gone rogue and cannot be trusted.