Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Thanks again for your support

Greg,

I was very priviledged to watch your play throughout the Main Event and thought your comments at the table were very helpful and positive EV for everyone. I have some photos of you in juxtaposition to some of the characters at the ME (and many more standard ones which are available for anyone) and personally wanted to thank you for being a role model for aspiring players and professionals.

Andy Black is my favorite to win. I made a must win wager with Mike Paulle, who chose chip leader Aaron Kanter.

Andy Black has the potential and desire to shape poker. His actions for Bing Wang are the clearest example to players of his character, but you should also check out the charity (The Karuna Trust) he works with. I don't believe in luck, but believe in fate or providence - and hope that the powers that be decree Andy the champion.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True Class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said. Thanks for your honesty (which I find quite refreshing) and your integrity. And of course for taking the time to say a few words here when I'm sure your schedule is crazy right now.

I didn't really buy into you last year, I'll be honest. But your feats this year and the class with which you've handled yourself have truly made you one of my favorite players.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:50 AM

I hope you weren't attached to being a "Poo-bah".

I thought you deserved a little gift form 2+2 so I gave you a new title.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Thank you, thank YOU!

You've been a great champion, and I'm proud to even be a lurker at 2+2 when I read your contributions....

Your run this year was awesome, and your willingness to share your thoughts and experiences here is truly appreciated....

Keep it up Champ!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 AM

Greg,

I've never met you, or responded to your posts on 2 + 2. But from what I've seen of you and read about you and most of all, what your friends at 2 + 2 say, you're all class. What an incredible run you've had the last two years, statistically very unlikely, and profitable. Congratulations. Good luck in your future endeavours unless you're at my table, in which case I'll need all the luck.

George
Old 07-16-2005, 01:17 AM

Congrats on a great run.

As a complete newbie to poker this year, I had the pleasure of playing at the final table of an Act III at Foxwoods with you this past spring, and chatting with you while we waited for them to cash our winners coupons. I was blown away by how down-to-earth the poker World Champion was...

Best of luck in the future.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:31 AM

Greg,

It was a thrill to play at your table in the ME day 1. You were very affable and put the table at ease, which is difficult when we are all on camera for the first time.

I'm looking forward to see what you were holding in our head to head pots on the Oct 11th ESPN broadcast!

To be able to play with you was an honor and well worth the entry fee.

Diamond Dave
Old 07-16-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Wonderful Post

[ QUOTE ]
Greg is certain a gentlemanly, articulate, thoughtful champion, a credit to the game. Bravo, Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise your opinion one big bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The fact that he wrote a thoughtful, detailed, well-reasoned post so soon after the most grueling event in his life just blows me away.

I believe when this event is shown on TV in a couple months this will more than double Greg's fame and notoriety "despite" the "mere" 25th place finish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

~ Rick
Old 07-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Congrats on your amazing run Greg, and I wish you could have made it farther! I hope to be at the WSOP with you next year.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:27 AM

Great post Greg and great run. Truly amazing and you are a great ambassador for the game.

You may want to change your occupation in your profile from "patent attorney" to "poker god." Just sayin'.