Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Small PP\'s hate me

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ????</font>

At this point, I am starting to wonder exactly what CO might have. The whole table was constantly changing, and it seemed like players were dropping out and in and furious rate. CO was loose (58 VPIP) over 20 some hands... I had already popped him with a set of K's one circuit before, then sat out and called me names for not raising preflop with KK (Which was a misclick, not some sort of dumb trap). Any comments/criticizms appreciated.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Small PP\'s hate me

I think you gotta reraise here. Don't fear the straight or 66. I think you'll get called by 2 pair much more often than you'll get beat. If he wasn't a poster than maybe just calling would be better but here he could easily have K6, 86, 56, or even 26. Even if he's not posting reraising is probably correct unless he's very passive pf (or very tight pf as I don't see a tight pf player having anything (other than 65s) that you're beating when he calls).
Old 10-17-2005, 03:20 PM

Your decision here is between calling or raising, no fold in this situation no matter what... but I think you knew that.

I say raise...

The only possible straight is 97 or 43 and I seriously doubt he has that.

He very well could have donked 2 pair (K6 or K8) or maybe he has slow played AK or AA and thinks you are holding K/worse kicker.

I say you are ahead here way more than behind, so raise...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:22 PM

i think you should 3-bet. i don't see a hand that he can logically have that would beat you. i'm really struggling to find a hand that the river improved. would he call down with K6s?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:36 PM

I think many players would. You and I might not call down with K6 but many would.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think many players would. You and I might not call down with K6 but many would.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got beat twice last night with AKo by one LAG calling with K4 off and K3 off after I open raised. Its amazing. I congratulated both of them.

On the orignal post, I 3 bet, he capped, I called. Guess what he showed, not that it matters, cause I dont want to be results oriented. 66.

He was down to the felt 4 hands later.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM

Your subject gives away that you are results oriented. Most of the time, you should 3-bet this river and crying-call a cap. Oftentimes, villain donk-raises with 2 pair, slow-played TPTK, or just some attempt at donk-scaring.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 PM

yeah, i'm hearting a confused 3-bet on the river here...too few hands have you beat here to miss the value
Old 10-17-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your subject gives away that you are results oriented. Most of the time, you should 3-bet this river and crying-call a cap. Oftentimes, villain donk-raises with 2 pair, slow-played TPTK, or just some attempt at donk-scaring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did 3 bet, I crying called the cap. Its not results oriented, its just annoying given the situation. I honestly think I made the right decision, I was just curious what others thought of it.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:42 PM

I always figure if I don't lose a lot with a set I must have played it wrong. Raise and realize his calling all the way to the river is why he lost it all later. He sucks.