Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Least Hassle to begin money play on Net

I am a recreational player of many years, and have played on IRC some years ago, and recently with play money. I want to begin playing for money on the internet for recreational purposes (the money is only a way to keep score, I play for stakes less than I drop in the street). My motivation is that people in play money games don't play the same, so beating the game is too easy.

After all this verbosity, what is the most hassle free way to deposit that offers the best isolation & security?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Least Hassle to begin money play on Net

I think IGM pay on the party sites is the easiest if you are going to be using only party skins. If not get net teller because it will work on nearly every site.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:42 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by isolation, but I suppose the most secure way is to mail in a cashier's check. When I was in your shoes early last summer, I was hesitant to connect my bank account to one of these money transfer services like netteller or firepay. I wound up sending in a bank check to Ultimate Bet. Some sites take them and others don't. UB was good for that also because they have a mailing address in Canada, whereas some other sites are in variou sdeveloping countries with poor postal services.

Take a look at the various sites and see which deposit option appeals to you the most. I think I've seen some sites take Western Union, for example.

Since my first deposit I have started a separate bank account connected to firepay, so I don't have to worry about my main account being compromised.

Good luck,
Rhone
Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Go make a real money account on pacific poker. They used to give you $10 real money to start. Play on that until you get comfortable with online. They have microlimits and after you build up come cash, you can play in cheap tourneys if you want. You will have to make a deposit before you can cash out but its one thing to deposit money into a completely unfamiliar site but it is another to cash out some winnings.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: before anyone gets excited, pacific software sucks, but the games are easy to beat.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
what is the most hassle free way

[/ QUOTE ]

personal check sent to any site would probably be honored, and maybe the minimum would be waived as well.

ask support.