Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Loud animal in the crawl space

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Yup. Animals are dumb. Some nice food all laced up is a simple and quick end to this.

[/ QUOTE ] animals are smart not dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

While you are certiainly one of the top 3 poker players on this board, you suck in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT??????? TOP 3 "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
Old 05-12-2005, 03:55 PM

Wacki, we need some results.

Update? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get 250 5-year olds and send them in there. If they fail, reinforce them with 500 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly the top response, followed closely by RATM &amp; a shovel.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:47 PM

J_V

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think it's a Wolverine, bobcat, or alligator?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue. I'm in Indiana and so I doubt it's any of those but people raise all kind of crazy pets around here. Pet alligators have been found loose in my area before. Heck a 100lb soccer playing lady friend of mine even had one in highschool. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't of believed it. Still, the odds of that happening are very low. Coyotes are likely but I haven't seen one of those around in a long time. Also, I don't know what a coyote would be doing to be making the scraping noises.

The family room is being remodeled right now so the floor is bare. This could easily have a magnifying effect. But the noise is loud enough that I'm still having trouble picturing what it could be. There is no way in hell it's a house cat. I've seen some big opossums around here but I would be very very impressed if it was an opossum. Could it be a large raccoon?!? I'm very puzzled and very curious. Sometimes it sounds like somebody is dragging around a dead body down there. Other times it sounds like it's scraping the bottom of the wood floor. The noise intensity of the scraping is about as loud as it would be if you put a rope through two (maybe three) cinder blocks and dragged them. The dog was going nuts last.

Wow... just googled. According to this:
http://www.wbu.com/chipperwoods/CWBO...klist_0305.pdf

Bobcats exist in Indiana. It looks like they're protected. So if it is a bobcat, I can't kill it.

I've been down there before and seen a bunch of small animal carcasses but we thought those were from muskrats or neighbors cats. I don't know if those carcasses are linked to this animal.

Shajen,

[ QUOTE ]

Wacki, we need some results.

Update?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm back in Bloomington right now. I talked to my dad who was sleeping last night during the ruckus. The clear Plexiglass idea is a good one but our crawl space is very large and consists of many rooms so it's not going to be practical to use that technique.

I've got a very tough Lost Creek caving suit I'm going to put on that will be very difficult to chew through. We are going to flood the crawl space with halogen construction lights . I have caving lamps I'm going to wear as well. For deterrence we are going to use bamboo sticks (which grows in the backyard) and some machetes.

For a lethal weapon I'm going to use my LTC Kukri
http://www.coldsteel.com/35ltc.html

I also have an ASSEGAI spear but that might be overkill. Then again, considering my normally tame brother was talking about how there was no way he was going down there without a gun, it might not be overkill.

I won't be able to get back to my parents till next weekend. I will let you guys know when I'm going into the crawl space.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 PM

Wacki, just give animal control a call. They'll send somebody over, find out what it is, and remove it in a non-lethal manner.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yup. Animals are dumb. Some nice food all laced up is a simple and quick end to this.

[/ QUOTE ] animals are smart not dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

While you are certiainly one of the top 3 poker players on this board, you suck in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Mason
2. Bruiser500
3. TommyAngelo
4. David
5. TSC...

Thats the official ranking right?

to the OP... Don't go down there. Call animal control.

If you do kill the animal however then pictures are mandatory.

-Steve
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

animals are smart not dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

anymls r dummr then me.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At my parents house right now. In the family room it sounds like somebody is moving furniture. The animal is either very large or very strong and scraping the crap out of the crawl space/underside of the family room floor. We hear lots of squeaking. I assume the squeaks are babies. The scraping sounds like somebody is dragging a cabinet across a wood floor. It's really loud.

Obviously the animal has to go. The animal is making enough noise to convince me there is no way in hell I'm going down there without a LARGE weapon. The crawl space is small enough to make swinging a machete difficult at best. The smallest gun I have is a sniper rifle and I'm not going to blow a hole in the side of my parents house. Plan of action? Nonlethal removal is best of course. It will be difficult as it's at the complete opposite end of any known openings in the crawlspace.

Obviously I need to find out what it is first but I don't want to crawl in that tiny tunnel and get my face knawed off by some rabid... whatever it is.

This is going to be fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'm too late on this by now, but please bring a video camera with you. I've got to see this.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 PM

While you are certiainly one of the top 3 poker players on this board

you are a horrible judge of talent
Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 PM

that was my response. on a daily basis i talk to 3 better players on the phone. not taking shots at bruiser either.