Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Live 4/8 play along

As mentioned live 4/8(9 handed) great game six of the worst players who have ever sat at a poker table and two decent players. Villian in this hand loves to raise light pre flop any two suited Q10 off that sort of thing. He is pretty weak passive post flop and tries to play right even lays down a hand every once in a while. Everyone else in the hand are morons some have been in the game 24hrs or more it has been a wild game. The two decent players folded pre flop. This is my first play along post but I thought it would be the best way to get opinions on all streets pre flop was the only street I thought was easy.

Pre flop: Four players limp, 1 fold, CO(villian) raises, I am on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]....

Note: SB( the other decent player) is holding his cards waiting to muck and BB would not fold her BB if you put a gun to her head.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Live 4/8 play along

3-bet.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Since he likes to raise so light I think a reraise isn't bad. I seldom cold call raises preflop and I can understand why this might be an option here. I also don't usually three bet with A10 suited. I think I would prefer to raise though.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy 3-bet. I 3-bet and everyone including the BB called.

Flop(7 players 21sb): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets(which means she has any two cards), four callers, CO raises, I....
Old 09-26-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I....

[/ QUOTE ]
Vomit!

You say that he's weak/passive post-flop. What was your range for him at this point?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:21 PM

3Bet and let everyone chase broadway.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I....

[/ QUOTE ]
Vomit!

You say that he's weak/passive post-flop. What was your range for him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had no problem capping a real hand in this game so i kind of excluded AA,KK and AK maybe AK but I think he would have capped pre flop with it. I really thought QJ a weak suited ace or a piece of the board with a broadway draw he did bet his draws pretty hard post flop besides that he was weak/passive so I should have added that to my read of him but this was the range I put him on. The BB would bet any two so I wasn't really giving him credit for a monster just yet.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3Bet and let everyone chase broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course folding isn't an option so its between calling and 3-betting. Anyone prefer calling over 3-betting?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course folding isn't an option so its between calling and 3-betting. Anyone prefer calling over 3-betting?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's between folding and 3-betting. Calling here sucks big donkey balls. The last thing that you want to do is let everone else in for one more small bet in an already huge pot. If you think there's a reasonable chance that you're ahead right now you need to protect your hand in this pot - or at least get as much value from it as possible.

That being said - and depending on how passive these players are - if you're behind now you probably have little chance to improve. Like as low as 2 outs (and that's including the backdoor flush draw). Unfortunately - if there's a high enough probability that you're behind - you just don't have the odds to continue and that might make this a fold.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:04 PM

I prefer calling here actually. I'd be looking to raise the turn if a safe card comes. If a K, Q, or J comes and a lot of action comes your way, you have an easy fold. Now if a safe card hits it'll likely be checked to the CO who will bet, now your raise makes it unprofitable for anyone with just a Q or a J to call. Where as on the flop when theres 31sb in the pot after you raise, calling 2sb more is profitable.

I also think with your read of the CO, QJ is a possibility. But so is Ax, KQ, KJ, or KT. He might even like his odds enough to raise with QT or JT. So in that range, I wouldn't fear his hand too much at this point.