Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Two 3-6 Madmen

... and I think one of them was me.

Villain in this case was a rather straightforward player, who isn't afraid to throw his hand away. We've played a hand earlier where I bluff-raised the turn when I smelled a missed AK, and he obligingly mucked. Unfortunately the 'third man' called down with a pair of fives and I rather sheepishly showed rags.

Similarly, I won a huge pot with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when I raised a poster behind me, got called five ways, and flopped trip 6s. My table image is not good, if by good you mean 'solid and tight'.

Now this originally mellow game has suddenly turned tricky. There is a LAG in seat one who is open raising with about 40% of his hands, and I am three-betting him in seat five with most anything playable. There are at least two more solid players at the table (at a California 3-6!!) who are capable of sly moves also.

Here's how the hand goes down:

I pop it UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded around to our villain in the SB. He goes to his stack for what looks like a re-raise, stops, taps the chips once nervously, and then just calls. I have a strong read that he intended to three-bet and chickened out. BB also comes along.

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB and BB check. I bet with unimproved AK and a backdoor. SB auto-calls without much enthusiasm, BB calls.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], no more flush possibility. Checked to me, I bet again. I'm wondering if my image problems might be catching up to me. SB calls, and then the BB calls. As the dealer is dragging in the bets the SB goes to his rack and gets six more chips in hand.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets instantly, barely glancing at the card. I mean, I'm not positive he even saw it before the chips are flying into the pot. The BB finally mucks. I....