Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Default QQ vs Tag

Villain is a 19/14/2 over 600+. I have no notes on him though so i dont know how tricky he could be. So does any1 think i should have slowed down anywhere. Looking back now i think i should have called down after the flop cap as im not ahead of many hands that raise PF and cap the flop. You be the judge.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 09-20-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: QQ vs Tag

Looks fine to me villains probably getting carried away with 77 on the flop.

He's not playing back at ya on the turn or the river so what do you have to fear?

Looks completely standard to me nh.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:17 PM

You played it perfectly given the PF action...If he had capped PF, I think you can slowdown after he capped the flop
Old 09-20-2005, 08:18 PM

I'd probably check-call the turn because I don't want to get raised. Did he have 88?

edit: Meh, I guess TT is capping the flop here. A 14 pfr usually caps JJ pf. There's only a few hands that he caps the flop with that you beat though. This looks like a set more often than TT; I stand by my check-call. So this edit is pointless.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:18 PM

yeah i'm not leading after a flop cap. did you get shown trip 8s? if he had 99s you got off cheap.

edit: darnit! i swear i posted mine before Redd [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm not leading after a flop cap. did you get shown trip 8s? if he had 99s you got off cheap.

edit: darnit! i swear i posted mine before Redd [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I posted my edit before you did! I'm guessing 88 because 99 usually goes pretty ape-poopy on this turn. 66 isn't out of the question either I guess.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:50 PM

I also check-call the turn here. There's not a lot that he is capping the flop with that you are beating.