Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Default 5/10 NL Hand Postflop ALL-IN

I must preface this with the statement that I was foolishly playing above my comfortable limits. I usually play 1/2 and bring $250 to the table, but I won a multitable and let a lot ride, bringing $2000 to a 5/10 table. Start with 6 players. UTG raises regularly preflop with small pockets, AK, AQ, even an occasional AT or K9. Pretty solid post-flop play by him. Everyone else is pretty tight, not seeing many flops, and not calling down without quality hands.

I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG raises $25, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $50, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(Pot $150) UTG bets $50, Hero raises to $175, BB folds, UTG goes all in for a total of $900 more. Hero??

PS_ I forgot to add that he's moved in before after flopping four flush while holding Axs, no pair, just the nut flush draw. That one time it paid off.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Hand Postflop ALL-IN

folds?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:37 PM

why the min re raise?

looks like Ax Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 02:42 PM

Minraise preflop?Whats the point? Raise to about 100, and fold flop after he pushes.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:59 PM

thats the "nl25-you" talking, thats the only hand you beat so you put him on it. He has pretty much (not completely) said what hands he hold AA, KK, AK. Especially if Villian knows/feels you are not comfortable at this stake and would not make a preflop reraise without those hands. So iŽd say Villain knows he might get action right on the flop with flush, trip nines if he decides it is good and dont wanna play with the flushboard out of position, or a weird aa kk(more possible shorthanded). Also hero said he was solid postflop.And also this play is set up with big hand because of the last push with Asx. So i say fold
Old 06-16-2005, 05:04 PM

Suppose I had KK or AA, how much more likely would it be that I should call? There's now way anyone plays a made hand like this, right?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:50 PM

I push w/ made hands all the time, because people think "no way he overbets the nuts there - he's semi-bluffing". Of course, I semi-bluff like this too when it is a +EV opportunity.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:45 AM

I like bigger raises preflop and on the flop. The whole point with reraising with ak is to get your opponent to fold i.e not to build a big pot with top pair top kicker type hand. The minraise allows the villain to call with all his raising hands making a baby flush much more likely. Because of the minraise I think you need to fold to the all-in if you raised bigger preflop I would lean toward a call because something like qqh becomes much more likely. The four most likely hands are baby flush/qqh/set/bluff. Are you feeling lucky?
Old 06-17-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thats the "nl25-you" talking, thats the only hand you beat so you put him on it. He has pretty much (not completely) said what hands he hold AA, KK, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think villain would come over the top preflop with AA, KK? I think those are two of his LEAST likely holdings.

Here are the most likely hands I think you are up against:

AK, 99, AQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], QQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], small flush.

I think calling and folding are close, but I would call because it's fun.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:25 AM

A lotta players wont put in the 3rd raise preflop with AA or KK, i know villain is OOP so its more likely he would put in the 3rd raise but i wouldnt be surprised if he had AA or KK here.