Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM

Default BonusWhoring Crazy Poker and Absolute

Just wonder how are their games in the micros (.5/1), like if they're rock gardens or how good the software is and anything else you guys can think of, because they seem to have good bonuses and i might be interested in depositing, thanks all
Old 07-20-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: BonusWhoring Crazy Poker and Absolute

I did the crazy bonus! The site was Ok and the .5/1 game was kinda tight. I did much better at 1/2 than I did at .5/1. Could have been the day I was playing. Don't forget to email them when you clear the bonus, I sat around for a week waiting on mine then I read the T&C and saw I had to email them. As far as absolute, I HATE PLAYING THERE. The software sucks! I've got like $450 worth of bounus left to go and I basically have decided that its not worth me going back there to clear it. You might have a different opinion though, Def. try it.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM

any other info greatly appreciated thx all
Old 07-20-2005, 04:57 PM

I've been clearing at absolute lately from .5/1 6-max up to 2/4 6-max. Players are pretty good on average, better than your typical party player, but still a few loose passives. PokerTracker support is email only and cannot be automatically requested. Software was upgraded recently from what I understand. I've cleared about 800 or so raked hands there usually 2-tabling.

One nice thing about absolute is that you can get rakeback and bonuses at the same time.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been clearing at absolute lately from .5/1 6-max up to 2/4 6-max

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm doing exactly the same thing so I'm sure we've seen each other. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I agree you about the quality of play (higher than Party, but still some loose/passives).

I really hate the software, but I'm grudgingly trudging through the bonus. I find myself occasionally just dropped from tables for no reason at all, which gets frustrating. I'm pretty sure once I clear the sign-up bonus I'll never play there again.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:16 PM

I actually like Absolute a fair bit. The the players in full ring are pretty decent, but the 6 max players are still pretty awful. There are not as many loose passives as party 6 max, but there are plenty of weak tighties, and those guys are surprisingly profitable at 6 max.

The software is a little slower than Party, and they don't have hard drive HH's. Those are my only complaints. You'll never run out of bonus there.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM

Okay, which one of you kept sucking out on me?! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Heh, I have been clearing the sign-up bonus at Absolute for the last few days. The full ring games are tighter than a virgin schoolgirl, but the 6-max games are nice -- you just need to figure out who the donks are, who the whores are, and who the fools from 2+2 are.

Software annoyes me a fair bit -- it eats up system resources to levels I do not understand, the interface is U-G-L-Y, and requesting hand histories is a pain (and those are a little wonky too -- does not tell you the table you are on, or the hole cards of those who mucked at showdown). Even the little things bother me, like how usernames are all in caps, and people have thirty seconds to post blinds.

I would not play there normally. With some tremendous bonuses and ######## (that stacks?!)? I'll live.

-K