Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Dumb question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you cap preflop, you're often going to see something like this:

Flop : X X X

You bet, he calls.

Turn : X

You bet, he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too. Everyone who sees me at the table needs to see this, and play accordingly. I will get rich.

Fwiw, i actually think in this specific hand, the lack of a cap helped him, but only because of what i was holding. And the fact that i forgot it was meep, who plays like a girl. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

peace

john nickle
Old 06-07-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You bet, he calls.

You bet, he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too. Everyone who sees me at the table needs to see this, and play accordingly. I will get rich.

Fwiw, i actually think in this specific hand, the lack of a cap helped him, but only because of what i was holding. And the fact that i forgot it was meep, who plays like a girl. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

PJN,

If you're seriously telling me that capping AQs against you in this situation is anything other than good poker, color me surprised.

Now obviously I'm not advising betting indiscriminately to the river, but I hero's hand is sufficiently good that he should be capping preflop and leading most flops, don't you?

Rob
Old 06-07-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the fact that i forgot it was meep, who plays like a girl. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, someday i'll aspire to play as well as pokerjo, though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(and shouldn't the fact that I play like a girl and have shown that much aggression make you more likely to fold here?)

Are you folding a mid-pair 66-88, TT-QQ on the turn?

-d
Old 06-07-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You bet, he calls.

You bet, he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

PJN,

If you're seriously telling me that capping AQs against you in this situation is anything other than good poker, color me surprised.

Now obviously I'm not advising betting indiscriminately to the river, but I hero's hand is sufficiently good that he should be capping preflop and leading most flops, don't you?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

you are totally correct. In this specific situation, when meep is freerolling on me, i found it much easier to fold given that he didnt cap, meaning he either has flopped TP, the flush draw, or something equally vicious. I was not saying he shouldnt cap preflop here. Obviously he should.

peace

john nickle

dude, youre going to vegas, right?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: cnfuzzd isolates me...

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop because cnfuzzd is going to raise here about 100% of the time, allowing me to 3-bet and take back the initiative I gave up pre-flop.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want the initiative, even though you're drawing? Isn't that the more expensive route to take in order to get to see the later streets?

Sorry if I'm being dim - just trying to understand.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: cnfuzzd isolates me...

The way I see it, that is a great flop for me, and there's a lot of better (at the moment) hands he's going to give up on the turn to my aggression.

I'm only a big dog to AK and AA at this point, and there's no reason to suspect he has either of those hands quite yet. I'm 50/50 to a lower pair and better than that against unpaired broadways or a weaker ace. In short, I think I have more equity than he does here, so my aggression is both to take the lead and for value, as the lead can let me win hands that i'm only 50/50 against right now (77, etc).

-d
Old 06-07-2005, 05:35 PM

Hmmm...this is one of the better threads I've read - an actual concept discussed....

A lightbulb just went off for me on why people actually have high PFR %. Doh!

So if the rasier was a typical passive PFR < 5 type player, only call the 3-bet? Agree?