Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Change Neteller account on Party

I've noticed that Party has gotten new security measure, and the Neteller account that has been used with my account is the only one allowed. My problem is that this is the account of a friend of mine. I've gotten my own Neteller account now and I'm unable to use it with Party. Has anyone had success in changing this or do I have to give it up?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Change Neteller account on Party

I called them and asked to have my neteller hooked up to my new account, they said they would look into it, two days later i tried to deposit and it worked. Hoora
Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM

Will it be a problem that the current Neteller account used is not mine? Or don't they care? At least they should be glad I want to use my own now.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM

There is only one Neteller account allowed per Party account. I called them and they made it sound like once a Neteller account is linked to a Party account, it is linked forever. My problem was using a Neteller account that had been used on another Party account. You could try calling them and say that you've opened a new Neteller account (say you changed the currency or something like that) and you want to use that now, as you have no access to the old one.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that Party has gotten new security measure, and the Neteller account that has been used with my account is the only one allowed. My problem is that this is the account of a friend of mine. I've gotten my own Neteller account now and I'm unable to use it with Party. Has anyone had success in changing this or do I have to give it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, was it ok with both Party and Neteller that a Neteller account under one name (your friend) was being used with a PartyPoker account under a different name (you)?

Also, does your friend play at PartyPoker, and what is he using? I'm guessing he either doesn't use Neteller or doesn't play at Party, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to use his Neteller with your Party.

I would guess that if you called them and told them what you are trying to do, it should work since you are now setting things up the correct way.

I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to use my Neteller account that's already been used with an old Party account. The new Party account I'm trying to use my Neteller with is under my wife's name which is the reason why I asked if you had a problem using Neteller with Party under a different name.

I'm a little hesitant to call Neteller or Party about this because now I'm trying to use my Neteller with my wife's Party account, and I don't want things to get locked.

But for you, you are setting things up the correct way now so I would be open about it and I don't think you will have any problems.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is only one Neteller account allowed per Party account. I called them and they made it sound like once a Neteller account is linked to a Party account, it is linked forever. My problem was using a Neteller account that had been used on another Party account. You could try calling them and say that you've opened a new Neteller account (say you changed the currency or something like that) and you want to use that now, as you have no access to the old one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to do the samething. So, have you given up on this? I wonder if this is a restriction put on by Party or Neteller. I'm about to call Neteller, but right now I'm a bit hesistant to do that because the new Party account I'm trying to hook up with is under my wife's name.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to do the samething. So, have you given up on this? I wonder if this is a restriction put on by Party or Neteller. I'm about to call Neteller, but right now I'm a bit hesistant to do that because the new Party account I'm trying to hook up with is under my wife's name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a lot easier to just open up a new Party account using your own name instead of trying to use someone else's.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a lot easier to just open up a new Party account using your own name instead of trying to use someone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you couldn't have two party accounts with the same name.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:40 PM

they close your old one.

do a search...theres 100,000,000,000,000,000 posts on this.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to use the Neteller account with my PP account. I called PP and they said that the software prevents a Neteller account to be linked to more than one PP account (depositing from a Neteller account will link it to your PP account). I actually ended up opening a new Neteller account in order to change my unit of currency. Neteller had no problem with this, and transferred my old funds over. The whole process took about 30 minutes. I was then able to use the new account to deposit into PP.

One more thing. They will close your old Neteller account and you will not be able to use it any longer. I had this old account linked to another poker site that would only let me withdraw to that account. Neteller was kind about this. I had the site withdraw my money to my old (closed) account, and I then called Neteller and they transferred those additional funds to my new account. I'm not sure how long you can do this for, so I'd suggest finding out what scattered funds are linked to your old Neteller account before you have it closed.