Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Need help with a statistic?

I need help commuting this statistic. I want to know my chance of going broke if i have a 40k bankroll and I buy in for 2k everytime in a NL 600Min buy in with 10-20 blinds. I dont know my Standard Deviation, but I have turned 2k into this 40k over 2 yrs of poker and I am really really curious of what my odds are of going broke.

ALso, I started tracking my statistics as of 4 months ago. I am curious if some winning players can tell me their wins and losses for a day for the entire yr. I want to see the different type of streaks one is capable of experiencing.

Thank you very much in advanced.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Need help with a statistic?

There just isn't enough information here. If you added $1,500 to your bankroll every month like clockwork, your odds of going broke are probably pretty low. If you won $100,000 in a week of non-stop Poker and lost money the other 103 weeks, they're probably pretty high.

Another unknown is what you will do in the future. If you drop to $20,000, will you move to lower limits or reassess your game? Or will you move to higher limits and try to get it all back at once? Are you living off the money, or do you have an outside income source to add to it?