Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: An odd example of losing it..

A few points. First of all, I'll tell you the obvious: people are people and sometimes do unethical, greedy, selfish, reprehensible, malicious things. This is a very minor example of people acting poorly. I'd tell you to save your energy for when you're substantially and incontrovertibly wronged, but even then it's not worth it.

Who made the rule that people must always behave ethically and fairly? You seem to subscribe to this belief system that you're justified in disturbing yourself if you're treated poorly enough. I think it's irrational to give others this much control over your feelings. Ultimately, the players stealing your blinds did not disturb you. You viewed the situation in a such a fashion that you upset yourself. I personally think feeling remorseful or alarmed over your connectivity issues is healthy. It will motivate you to minimize the problem in the future (if possible). But I would submit it's unethical to allow yourself to get upset because you're being unfair to yourself. When you think in rigid, musturbatory ways you will feel angry, hostile, enraged, etc. as you have so clearly illustrated.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 PM

What's he supposed to do: go on autofold until you return?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:09 AM

Really sucks to be you, but yeah, I'd probably do the same if the other players disconnected.. And I'd probably be an [censored] to myself if I was in your position.