Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Default QTs from EP

I have been raising aggressively with little suited broadway against PP 2/4 given that those people all suck and I'm finding that happily I now don't. It has been positive EV for me as I'm getting away from it quick when I miss. That said, here's one where it hit me quite nicely but villain got out of line. At the time I had no reads. Too weak-tight from the turn on?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: QTs from EP

no not too weak tight

your position sucks so capping the flop isn't going to get you anywhere. On the turn you are probably beat but you have redraws and on the river..

I think you have to show this down and pray for KQ or a busted flush draw, maybe even AK
Old 12-29-2005, 04:34 PM

looks like you lost to kj.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:37 PM

I think I would have played it the same way.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:56 PM

I think you played it about as well as you could have. I like raising the flop as your most likely ahead unless someone holds KJ or 8J, a set is unlikely as anyone with 99, 1010, or QQ most likely would have raised before the flop. The CO may be raising on a flush or straight draw. I like the check call on the turn and river because you don't want to raise in case he 3 bets a made hand, but if he is willing to bet this hand for you then by all means let him. I would have played it the same.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:03 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have played it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]