Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-04-2005, 10:59 PM

Default 5/10, looking for more leaks

I hadn't been at the table very long so I don't have any reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (23.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.70 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 26.70 BB, between Hero, MP3 and Button.</font>

Anything I should do differently?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: 5/10, looking for more leaks

I would probably 3-bet the flop.

The turn is really uncomfortable. Since MP3 posted, his range is wider than it would be if he had cold-called your initial raise. When he wakes up and Button raises, I'm not liking the situation much at all. The problem is, even if you have Button beat, MP3 may already have a full house.

That said, I'd probably call and hope MP3 didn't 3-bet. When he did 3-bet, though, and then Button capped, I'd probably just give up and fold.

I think Button is overplaying a big pair, but even so, he still may have you beat, and MP3 really has me thinking he has a boat at this point. And, if we're behind, we don't have the odds to call two more and chase a king.

One difficulty is that your opponents probably have you on AK, since you slowed down on the flop. That makes it a little harder to interpret the action. All the same, MP3 and Button don't seem scared of each other's aggression, and that has me thinking we're in trouble.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:31 PM

I'd get busy on the flop. If the flop gets capped, and the turn goes bet, raise, then its an easier fold.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd get busy on the flop. If the flop gets capped, and the turn goes bet, raise, then its an easier fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:49 PM

I like 3 betting the flop, leading turn, folding if it comes around 3 bet to you on turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 AM

Unless MP3 is a complete maniac this is a MUST FOLD situation on the turn.

Flop is ok, but as previous posters mentioned I agree that a 3 bet here is probably the better choice mainly because you are ahead here more then you are behind.

The turn however I am not a fan. I just cant see MP3 here with anything else but at least a 5 or 7 and even if he is a maniac Button is looking like a guy with AA that just dont want to give it up so we are way behind either way. A clear fold IMO.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 AM

It's a fold on the turn, especially after MP3 3-bets. Like Nick C stated with MP3 having posted before the flop his hand range is wide open and he probally hit a boat on the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:41 AM

Three betting the flop, and either bet/fold the turn or check/fold the turn, chances are someone made a boat and you are drawing to just 2 outs.

I can see you beating button, but when MP3 springs to life on the turn, and its two bets back to me, its all over. The way you played it, it just seemd to me that you were crying the whole way from the turn to the river, and thats a lot of bets that didnt need to jump into that pot.

Discipline man, let the cowboys go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]