Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Bloggers, Trolls, and the STTF

There have been a LOT of OT posts lateley in STTF. I'm a fairly new member to 2+2 so maybe its the norm. But up until very recently the front page (mine is set to 25 topics) was always full of good questions, analysis, strategy, etc. Even the "easy" questions by us noobs were explained to us why they were considered an easy situation, which is why I'm here...to learn.

Now, I'm fully aware that alot of the respected posters here have made friends with other posters and use this forum as a form of communication amongst them. That seems perfectly acceptable. However, lately my front page seems to have 4-5 OT posts pushing the strategy posts back.

I'll admit to having a little fun with the recent OT post about the bands...I guess that just makes me as guilty as the rest. But I think there is another place for that.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Hopefully u never gain that experience dbach would be crime to poker humanity, dbach is just one of those guys that wants u to do his homework for him and give u nothing in return but a duh u gunna give it to me shame on anybody that sends u hh's
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM

i will say two things,

i am drunk but can still type and think clearly

this makes me want tostop making any meaningless posts unless in OOT or the bad beat forum because the top poster's who I wont name because i dont want to miss anyone have helped me so much. When i read a post about a hand think about what I would do and read a top poster so the same thing I thought my confidence would rise which helped me play better. So thanks to irieguy and the many other regulars, please dont let trolls change how often you post, because honestly, f*** them.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:13 AM

I wrote out a long answer and then deleted it. Bottom line is that a fair % of interesting, thoughtful SNG posts have recently returned to the forum. That contibutes equally to the social aspect of the forum which, as a member of the "4000" I truly enjoy.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i will say two things,

i am drunk but can still type and think clearly

this makes me want tostop making any meaningless posts unless in OOT or the bad beat forum because the top poster's who I wont name because i dont want to miss anyone have helped me so much. When i read a post about a hand think about what I would do and read a top poster so the same thing I thought my confidence would rise which helped me play better. So thanks to irieguy and the many other regulars, please dont let trolls change how often you post, because honestly, f*** them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same way that trolls can make good players and regulars stop posting here, so can arrogant, know-it-all good players and regulars make newbies not want to post here. You can't sit here and say Irieguy or The Yugoslavian can get away with it because he has tenure and has valubale posts whereas a troll who doesn't contribute anything worthwhile cannot also. This is exactly what I eluded to in The Yugoslavian's "Should Yugo go" thread. If you let this kind of thing slide, it's pure hypocrisy and favoritcism being shown and practiced. I'd rather deal with a great person and player who can help me improve than someone who is a foul person with equal greatness in play who can help me improve.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather deal with a great person and player who can help me improve than someone who is a foul person with equal greatness in play who can help me improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather deal with both.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather deal with a great person and player who can help me improve than someone who is a foul person with equal greatness in play who can help me improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather deal with both.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a bigger person than me.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a bigger person than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is saying you should look at the good things the posters have to offer to the forum and try to ignore the bad. If you can't ignore the bad you simply need to keep to yourself about it and let the moderators deal with it.

People need to stop taking things so personally on an impersonal means of expression, aka the internet. They get too emotionally involved and stubborn with their opinions, which blocks them from getting any good from a useful post.

HC
Old 12-04-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is saying you should look at the good things the posters have to offer to the forum and try to ignore the bad. If you can't ignore the bad you simply need to keep to yourself about it and let the moderators deal with it.

People need to stop taking things so personally on an impersonal means of expression, aka the internet. They get too emotionally involved and stubborn with their opinions, which blocks them from getting any good from a useful post.

HC

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a clip on TV about this white, millionaire, who by all accounts was a successful businessman and great human being. He provided jobs to others and he was a model citizen living in the suburbs. Problem was, he was committing all types of sexual abuse against young women in the basement of his home for years. Are we to ignore the bad because he provided jobs to the community and was a financial success? If we are to ignore the bad in this forum, then there would be no need to moderate and police it. Every argument I'm hearing to the contrary is supporting hypocrisy and favoriticism. This has nothing to do with whther he hurt my feelings or whether I'm taking it too personal. Wrong is wrong, there are no grounds or arguments to sugarcoating it.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

HC

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a clip on TV about this white, millionaire, who by all accounts was a successful businessman and great human being. He provided jobs to others and he was a model citizen living in the suburbs. Problem was, he was committing all types of sexual abuse against young women in the basement of his home for years. Are we to ignore the bad because he provided jobs to the community and was a financial success? If we are to ignore the bad in this forum, then there would be no need to moderate and police it. Every argument I'm hearing to the contrary is supporting hypocrisy and favoriticism. This has nothing to do with whther he hurt my feelings or whether I'm taking it too personal. Wrong is wrong, there are no grounds or arguments to sugarcoating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

as if we know what you think yugo said that was wrong.

If someone did something truly bannable, the mods will deal with it. If you don't like the way moderators moderate on a site, it truly isn't the site for you.
Closed Thread