Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

Old 10-15-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: A way to end the Barron hubbub - A request to El Diablo

You may deserve better, you may not, I'm too hammered to make this look any better. I'll still buy you a beer if I'm at Foxwoods.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 AM

I will take you up on the beer as I'm a sucker for free alcohol, even if offered before what might be the worst comic strip in history - compounded further by listing the $200 article fee as any relevance whatsoever when fincancial considerations wouldn't make my Top 10 reasons for writing anything.

Misconceptions ahoy!

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 PM

The comic is supposed to parallel both the hand in question and the article discussion.

Look for the "low-level" thinking of the random player in panel two. I always assumed your motivation for writing is above this level, so it was to serve as a subtle jab. I find subtle jabs humorous--I hope it did not offend too much.

Look at the non sequitur of panel three (this is where most of the humor should have resided). The jab here is not subtle at all. There is a duality in the response: your character does listen to the random player in panel two and write the article; but, according to many posters, does not listen in the discussion thread. (I also feel as though you have not listened to me in this thread.)

On a different level: Think about what I think about what you think about me and what my motivation behind the comic is. I only care about getting to the results in the last panel (should be an obvious parallel).

If you consider the comic with these thoughts in mind, perhaps you will see the humor. Perhaps I was thinking "too high" or "too low" and the parallels and humor I was trying to express are lost on all save myself. Of course, as I am here trying to explain the humor, it is also quite possible that this is the worst comic in history.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:59 PM

Your Hyperboledar (and your drawing) needs work.

If you want my Hyperbole-free indignation-feigning-free opinion, I thought it was funny.

Granted, the Fyodor piece was funnier. Unfortunately, much like 1st place, there is no prize for 2nd place.

Maybe I'll add another category for the BarronVangorToth.com Awards this year.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-18-2005, 04:34 AM

I can draw well. Apparently you missed this

Whether or not it is flattering compared to this:

I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:34 AM

I was the guy in this article, but that isn't how the hand ended. Every detail is correct except, on the river I said "You really over played your AK didn't you?" and called. You jumped up cussing and screaming at me, picked up your chips and left.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the guy in this article, but that isn't how the hand ended. Every detail is correct except, on the river I said "You really over played your AK didn't you?" and called. You jumped up cussing and screaming at me, picked up your chips and left.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com