Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Fuk!!!

I've been playing poker for 11 months now. I'm a decent players and can raise a bank roll. My problem is I have problem keeping it. Lately I've lost my whole bank roll of 20k and now starting back at 1-2 and 50-1 NL. These guys down in these limits are bad. I can't beat them! No matter how much I study and play these players they're super draw out artist. You can't push them out of any pot if they're on a draw. They call raises with anything suited. You raise and get 10 guys calling and whoever hits the flop wins. Like a crap shoot. Anyone have any advice on playing these monkies. How did everyone start? some players said they started with 30 dollars and never deposited since.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Fuk!!!

Try playing titer. That way, it will lower your variance/swings.

In terms of bankroll mangagment, that is a tough one. I had problems with that earlier, but what helped me was to compute my hourly rate. Playing poker when you know your TRUE EXPECTED hourly rate makes you play better I think.

Good luck
Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 AM

How can it be a bad thing if they are calling with draws when they do not have the proper pot odds? You WANT them to call. Think about it.

The Theory of Poker covers this fairly well when discussing the Fundimental Theory of Poker.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:20 AM

Playing tighter is wrong. If anything he should be playing looser verses poor opponents...
Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 AM

This should go in everyone's favorite list
Old 07-26-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's in my list! Great piece.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's in my list! Great piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

i read that before, it's great, but i just read it again and noticed this.

[ QUOTE ]
That should help you out. If that doesn't work, move up to the 75/150 game and play against Fossilman. He always folds J6 to a raise and never pays off with the second best hand, so you'll have no problem winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny because that was written sometime in January 2004, before he won the WSOP. interesting.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Good Lord, how many times a day does this kind of post appear? The old, "I'm good, but everyone else sucks, and I can't beat bad players!" post.

How tiresome.

JunkHead
Old 07-27-2005, 01:14 AM

If you lost a bankroll of 20K, you are not a decent player. If you sunk below 400BB, you suck.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing poker for 11 months now. I'm a decent players and can raise a bank roll. My problem is I have problem keeping it. Lately I've lost my whole bank roll of 20k and now starting back at 1-2 and 50-1 NL. These guys down in these limits are bad. I can't beat them! No matter how much I study and play these players they're super draw out artist. You can't push them out of any pot if they're on a draw. They call raises with anything suited. You raise and get 10 guys calling and whoever hits the flop wins. Like a crap shoot. Anyone have any advice on playing these monkies. How did everyone start? some players said they started with 30 dollars and never deposited since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we get a sticky written which will give guidelines so that trolls can write posts which are actually entertaining?