Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-24-2005, 05:37 PM

Default My biggest leak -Why do I allways make the same mistake, AHHHHHHHHHHGR

Hi all;

I finally realised what is my biggest leak. Honestly I sit down and play and normally Im up at least a buy in; I play solid/good then I am lucky enough to sit in a table with a total maniac.

The two hand bellow are with him I play with this guy 160 hands his stast are VPIP 84% PFR 55% Amount lost 110$ you get the idea a total MANIAC.

I sit down play my usual game every second hand this guy PFR to 15BB I went with him all in preflop I had QQ the guy was holding A8o total maniac. I am thinking tonight is my night Ill wait and then I hit. And then this two hands come. Tell me Im an idiot tell me I am not the only one. The amazing thing its not that its a bad beat im sooooooo stupid no?

p.s. The results are in white below to highlight my stupidity - SORRY

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($81.50)</font>
Button ($50.30)
<font color="#C00000">Villan ($135.56)</font>
BB ($78.30)
UTG ($103.40)
MP ($74.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villan posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Villan completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Villan checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Villan calls $3, BB folds, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($11) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises to $35</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $71 (All-In), Villan calls $43.

River: ($174) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $174
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $174, between Hero and Villan .</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Villan ($174).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villan has 7s 2h (two pair, sevens and twos).
Hero has Jh Qc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Villan wins $174. </font>
------------------------------------------------------------
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($106.13)</font>
MP ($191.35)
<font color="#C00000">Villan ($124.24)</font>
Button ($54.60)
SB ($67.55)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($9.24)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $3.25, BB calls $3, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($14) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets $13.3</font>, SB folds, BB calls $5.74 (All-In), Hero calls $13.30.

Turn: ($46.34) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets $44.34</font>, Hero calls $89.33 (All-In), Villan calls $44.99.

River: ($225) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $225
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $31.22, between Hero, Villan and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB ($31.22).</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $193.78, between Hero and Villan .</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Villan ($193.78).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Td Kh (straight, ace high).
Hero has As Jc (two pair, aces and jacks).
Villan has Th 8h (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Villan wins $193.78. BB wins $31.22. </font>

---------------------------------------------------------

Analyzing my game I swear if I could avoid situations like this (hopefully I can, no?) Ill be a 10PTBB/100 hands winner becuase of this leak Im currently at 2PTBB/100 hands.

Please help what do I do, do I avoid going all in against a Maniac when I only have TPTK do I only go all in preflop or if holding trips or better

please help

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: My biggest leak -Why do I allways make the same mistake, AHHHHHHHH

first hand why the hell are you overbetting the pot on the driest flop ever? bet 1/2 the pot. even if he is a maniac, when he check-raises 2 people on boards like this it usually means they have you beat. you have to think in terms of relative hand strength when you are playing these kind of maniacs. most maniacs have decent idea not to attempt bluffs in spots like hand 1.

what does your turn allin accomplish? it will let him get away from his "bluff" and call you with better hands. again, the board is dry so if you really think your hand is good, there is no need to raise him in this spot, rather call and call again on river because that line will entice the maniac to make most mistakes.

in hand 2 I don't know what to say..the flop call is soo bad you are drawing to 1 card straight oop with thin implied odds because it will be really obvious that you have a straight when it hits, though I think you'd stack them with your nut straight if the K hits, It's a pretty bad call.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 PM

hand 1 is bad. why would a maniac flat call the flop and pump the turn? they usually do this when they have 1 pair beat.

hand 2 is a badbeat.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to think in terms of relative hand strength when you are playing these kind of maniacs

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by relative hand strength?

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: My biggest leak -Why do I allways make the same mistake, AHHHHHHHHHHGR

hand 1 is terrible. Why are you going to the felt with top pair queen kicker? Even against a maniac this is foolish. You can usually wait for a better spot against these guys.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have to think in terms of relative hand strength when you are playing these kind of maniacs

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by relative hand strength?

[/ QUOTE ]
think how much credit maniac gives for your hand given all previous action. which of following hands do you think maniac will try to bluff you in?

hand 1) dry flop 4 way action the button bets after everyone checks, then maniac him self, 1 checker calls.

turn comes and it looks blank, maniac checks and the checker BETS into the flop better, the flop better CALLS meaning he wasn't just trying to steal it. now maniac check-raises...

hand 2) 3 way action, same action as H1 up until turn.

both of you guys check again and you bet 1/3 or 1/2 the pot.. now maniac check raises...