Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Vegas 10/20 spots?

10/20 is really sparse in Vegas as others have commented.

I've seen it go twice on weekends at MGM, but they rarely have it and when they do it usually isnt much good since its the biggest game in the room and the better 6/12 or 4/8 players immediately move into it.

Twice I've played 10 at Mirage and it was good both times, but not as good as weekend games at Borgata, FWIW. The game is raked, as opposed to timecharge.

The 8/16 games at Bellagio were almost always FANTASTIC while I was there, even on weekdays. Wynn was good but more sparse. The Wynn games move maybe 10% faster than the B games, since they use $2 chips and there's no pesky change-making. If you want more h/hr and its the weekend, I'd advise the Wynn's 8 game. Otherwise, Bellagio.

Only played 15 hold'em once and the table was awful (Bellagio, this past Monday night). Chops every 3rd hand an average 3 to the flop. I saw a few 15's going the previous few days and they looked great though.

The 5/10 game at Aladdin was interesting. I played Monday mid-day this past week and they had one full table going. The rake was max $2, which was cool, and the autoshuffler meant things were moving quickly. That said, there were several weaktight locals there who were playing because the game "was a good deal." (rake) These guys were not playing well, per se, but you were not going to make much money off of them regardless. Too tight. I could see how this game COULD be good sometimes (add in the kill, etc.), but when I was there it was subpar and played like a weekday morning 6/12 game at Borgata.

Unless you want to play Omaha, why even bother w/the Orleans? Seriously, why? I can't think of one reason.

Long story short: go play at Bellagio & Mirage (plus Caesars when it opens). You won't be dissapointed.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Laggiest

I'd really like to take your advice, but I have no idea what laggiest means.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Laggiest

"Lag" = Loose AGgressive. Laggiest = most loose aggressive game .