Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Any difference between the Wynn\'s 8/16 and Bellagio\'s?

I know the Wynn game goes w/$2 chips, but other than that, do these games play any differently? Any particular reason a player would normally want to play in one of them as opposed to the other? Also, beyond these two games, I know Mirage runs a 10 hold'em game, but does any other room regularly spread 10/20? I've seen it at MGM, but only once...

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Any difference between the Wynn\'s 8/16 and Bellagio\'s?

The primary difference procedure wise is that it takes a lot more time to make change when you're commonly using $1 and $5 chips, thus bellagio's game will inevitably be slower.

I haven't spent all that much time in either game, as I usually play no limit, so I'm not that sure about the relative competition level.

al
Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 PM

When I was in vegas I played the 8/16 at the bellagio a bunch and the wynn some. Both games were alright but nothing amazing. One bellagio game was pretty fun as the guy on my right started raising PF almost every hand (usually without looking at his cards), staddling everytime he could, and raising/3-betting/capping on the button every single time. Was a nice guy too.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:48 PM

The main difference is that one joint is on the west side of the strip and the other is on the east side of the strip. Hope this helps. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 03:55 PM

I have found the Bellagio to be both a weaker game and to have more choices. There are usually a few games going on the weekend at Bellagio, while usually only one or two at Wynn and the second usually being a must move. Also, when I played at the Wynn last month, there was a prop in the $8-16 game. The game was tougher than any game I ever played in at Bellagio and the fish busted rather quickly leaving an undesireable game. This was at about 9pm on a Friday night.