Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal diss

No one is saying that this post constitutes an instant troll label. It's the general tone and content of almost all his posts here that makes it so. This is just further evidence. Even though I don't agree with you on just about everything, I still don't consider you a troll, DVaut.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:29 PM

They only attack me because I am such an effective arguer.

They can't dispute my statements so they go after my character. They are used to the faux news dem-punching bags like Colmes.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick question, what happens in 2008, when Bush doesn't win reelection, to all the "dictator for life" and "tyranny" people? Do they still insist that GWB, the man they call an idiot, is somehow pulling the strings on the nation even when out of office?

[/ QUOTE ]

GWB does not pull any strings. The monied elite pull the strings and he moves.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 PM

So then it's not Bush you have a problem with?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM

GWB is the figure-head of the interests of the monied elite in the US. They are people who want to cut taxes for the ultra wealthy and slash wages for the working class.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Last I checked I was working class. Last I checked, I got a tax cut. Last I checked, my wages have increased. Do you have any actual data to back up your claim? Or, are you just repeating what they tell you to?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The monied elite pull the strings and he moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've asked you to back your ridiculous statements with credible evidence before, and you have failed to do so. Nonetheless, I'll prompt you again - please cite the evidence which led you to this thoughtful, educated conclusion. First define the "moves" you indicate, and then reference the monied elite "puppeteers" who initiated the move.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does having opinions that are unpopular or not widely held automatically make you a troll? Or similarly, why does merely citing someone who shares your not-widely-held views make you a troll?

I don't understand; is bringing up anything controversial trolling? That's what I seem to be gathering from you and BCPVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously in this forum over all others, the line between trolling and merely holding an unpopular opinion is going to be very blurry. As an example, when someone espouses opinions say that are exremely and blatantly racist or uses sources that are, there is not only the possibility that such a poster is just a nutjob, but also more likely that he doesn't really believe those views and is just trying to stir things up in a forum where they are always stirred up anyway.

And regarding the OP's post and criticisms of his using sources that compare a president he doesn't like to Hitler, how would you feel if I used sources comparing a leftwing politician to Lenin? Trying to paint a politician and his views as exremely radical one way or the other is usually just a case of political hackjob demagoguery by a person who only cares about persuading others to his views and doesn't care if he uses false sources or misleading conclusions to do so, in addition to perhaps not having a firm grasp of logic in the first place.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 PM

There you go misrepresenting his words.

He wasnt comparing the president to hitler, did you actually read it? He is comparing his tactics to hitler's tactics, which is completely true.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:53 PM

Lists of Bush's donors are widely avaiable.

Bush is pro-ultra wealthy and anti-american on the issues of:

Protecting the environment
Energy Policy
Privatization of Social Security
Health Care
Illegal immigration
and Tax Cuts for the rich