Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-18-2005, 07:22 PM

Default PokerStars VIP Status

When I opened up the "Cashier" on PokerStars, I noticed a link for "VIP Status." Anyone have any idea what this is all about... or can point me to a website with some info? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: PokerStars VIP Status

Ugh, maybe the Stars website...
Old 12-18-2005, 07:47 PM

'coming soon' means 'coming soon'.

Lee jones briefly previewed it for us in a thread here a couple months ago.

They are going to have lots of different prizes available for playing various amounts of raked-hands.
Among them will be WSOP, EPT, PCA entries etc (obviously a LOT of raked-hands will be required) as well as lots of other stuff.

My hunch is that we will all get to find out what prizes they have (and how many points will be required to get them) sometimes before Jan 1.

Be patient gang. It's coming.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:22 PM

From the horse's mouth, Lee Jones...

[ QUOTE ]

Q15: And finally, for the number one favorite question everybody wants answered: "What about r*keb*ck?"

A15: Short answer first: We don’t plan to offer rakeback. However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

Note also that our rake is substantially lower than our main competitor’s, especially for low and mid-limit fixed-limit games (as was pointed out elsewhere on these pages). For example, our rake is lower by:

39% for $.50/$1
20% for $1/$2
16% for $2/$4
14% for $3/$6
10% for $5$10

Also note that the FPPs return 5-8% to tournament players (depending on how you want to calculate the value of the tournament entries and such).

Frankly, I've never really understood the fascination with rakeback. It's like people who pay too much tax, giving the U.S. Government an interest-free loan. Then they get a rebate in April from the IRS, and go "Whoo-hoo! Free money!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 PM

i upgraded to the latest Stars version, yet i don't have a VIP button in my cashier window...anyone else?
Old 12-18-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i upgraded to the latest Stars version, yet i don't have a VIP button in my cashier window...anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no, it's still there. Redo?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:04 PM

My question is why do No limit players get screwed? NL rake is equivalent to their competitors. Limit players get reduced rake. Tourney players get points. Why the heck dont NL players get anything? Basically NL on PokerStars is equivalent to every other site minus rakeback...
Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is why do No limit players get screwed? NL rake is equivalent to their competitors. Limit players get reduced rake. Tourney players get points. Why the heck dont NL players get anything? Basically NL on PokerStars is equivalent to every other site minus rakeback...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Jones wrote the Limit HE book. Maybe he just doesn't particularly care for NL?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be patient gang. It's coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that you might know more than your giving out.