Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default honest question

lately i have been playing paradise 40/80. i have been on an insane run of good cards and have been killiing the game over the last 2 weeks. i depo'd 5k, and my balance last night of 9pm EST it was at 15k and change.

last night a friend of mine was in town from san diego, we went out, got crunked up and had a blast. got home and loaded up paradise. we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

that is a 137 BB downswing over the course of tops 3 hours...is this possible? I have the utmost faith in the poker sites, so i am assuming yes this indeed happen. i am inquiring if any of you happened to be in the games last night and can shed some light on my paradise's rolls demise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ?

thanks
morg.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: honest question

It's not only possible but probable.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:25 AM

cant paradise tell u at the minimum what u sat with and got up with at each table? This woudl provide more insight.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:46 AM

Is there a problem with the hand histories not working? Although that would just show you the last 100 hands? The same thing happened to me last night but not as bad. I went out and drank a few too many and lost a bunch playing $20/$40. I kind of remembered this morning but had to think about it and check my bankroll.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:05 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

well, i asked for more than just my most recent 100 hands, cause i dont think you could lose that many BB in 100 hands. this post was semi self serving and drilling into my head, dont play when azzed out. hopefully it provided some value to others, if not.....jim, please delete it.

thanks
morg.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:12 AM

I think it should provide much value to us all. We work way too hard for our money to let a few beers give it away! Sorry to hear about your losses!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lately i have been playing paradise 40/80. i have been on an insane run of good cards and have been killiing the game over the last 2 weeks. i depo'd 5k, and my balance last night of 9pm EST it was at 15k and change.

last night a friend of mine was in town from san diego, we went out, got crunked up and had a blast. got home and loaded up paradise. we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

that is a 137 BB downswing over the course of tops 3 hours...is this possible? I have the utmost faith in the poker sites, so i am assuming yes this indeed happen. i am inquiring if any of you happened to be in the games last night and can shed some light on my paradise's rolls demise [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ?

thanks
morg.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost in one night of drunken revelry what I've made in 6 months of bonus whoring and grinding the low limits. Thats sick. Don't play drunk.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we began killing the games, no joke, i recall hiting sets and gutshots, the whole nine yards. my memory gets cloudy now(as we were drinking quite a bit). i wake up today and my balance is a touch under 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

In actuality, those sets and gutshots were bottom pair and nut low [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 02:11 AM

i wish i could do this
Old 07-15-2005, 03:46 AM

You sure it wasn't a 30/60 game ? Link

Seriously though, sorry it happened to you. As Jim said, it is a good lesson for all of us. We need to leave the computer alone after a night out.

SF