Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Cheaters At Online Poker

Do you guys think there are a lot of cheaters at the lower level Hold Em Games? I have read articles about programs that allow you to see your opponent's cards and even programs that tell you the cards that are most likely to come up on the flop/turn/river. I have to wonder if someone is using these tools when I get my AA cracked by some guy calling a PF raise w/ T5s, then chasing a flush down on the river facing 2 pot-sized bets. I know that it would make more sense for cheaters to play at higher levels but at the lower levels it would probably be easier to get away with. Noone would suspect it and you could still make a killing. Are there many cheaters at the lower levels or are these donkeys just that BAD? I'm thinking they're just that bad but sometimes when a guy makes a few plays like this it makes me wonder.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Cheaters At Online Poker

they are just that bad.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Online-Poker-Is-Rigged post says what?

-Gryph
Old 10-20-2005, 02:23 PM

I don't know about that, but every time I cash out I go on a major losing streak. Must be some kind of curse. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 02:31 PM

So true, so true. Often at a 10-player full table, you'll have one group of 3 players colluding via IM and another solo guy with the program that can read everyone's hole cards. Plus, the site itself is giving everyone sweet cards with sweet flops to juice their rake. I mean, if all this crap wasn't going on I'd probably triple my profits. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 02:35 PM

I have read that the new shuffling algorithms that most major poker sites use prevents the types of "card reading" applications that you are describing. Appearently, there was a major flaw in the old algorithm that most sites used that allowed for this. The main form of cheating these days seems to be collusion in all of its forms. However, most people who do this don't really now how to employ it properly. The one's who do know what they're doing will play higher limit tables. However, they usually can't stay on one site for very long before they're found out. The one form of cheating that I've personally encountered on Party is using the disconnect protection to show down a hand for free. The one time that I was sure I was a victim I contacted Party's support group and they promptly disabled the cheaters disconnect protection for all games.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:48 PM

As long as you remember to wear your tin foil hat while playing you will be fine.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:55 PM

You can't do much about the patter mappers in no limit so moved to limit. In limit if you bet/raise all the way to the river for your first five hands, it shuts the pattern mappers down, and you can play without safely.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you remember to wear your tin foil hat while playing you will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:25 PM

dude, tell me where you got your avatar and what the hell is in that kid's mouth, I need to know
Closed Thread