Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 09-29-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Liars in the forum

Every where u turn on this forum theres someone posting something about how good they are, how much money they have won, how high their return on investment is. In my opinion a large percentage of them have to be lying. Sometimes a persons post has no real purpose but to tell us all how good they are. Is anyone else becoming frustrated at this. I feel like a lot of people use the forum too boost their egos. They obviously get frustrated at the tables from time to time and come here to tell us how great they are not to improve their game. Is it just me or do other people find this both untruthful and annoying?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Liars in the forum

Im glad you posted this totally non self elevating thread to show use how others flaunt themsleves. Next time i see someone do this ill think of your wisdom in pointing this out, but i wont even think about how you think you saw this first. Get over yourself and quit being such a bitch, obviously everyone here lies and exagerates their acomplishments (except me)
Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
self elevating thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Hows was it self elevating. Im just posting about an observation Ive made. Theres no need for a response like that. A bit of maturity would be appreciated.

Any one have any useful thoughts on this topic.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A bit of maturity would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go again, thinking your better than others. Please cut it out and deflateyour enormous ego so that you can post with your comrades.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:35 AM

welcome to the interweb
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 AM

Are you saying that poker players are liars? What's next, the earth is round or the sky is blue?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every where u turn on this forum theres someone posting something about how good they are, how much money they have won, how high their return on investment is. In my opinion a large percentage of them have to be lying. Sometimes a persons post has no real purpose but to tell us all how good they are. Is anyone else becoming frustrated at this. I feel like a lot of people use the forum too boost their egos. They obviously get frustrated at the tables from time to time and come here to tell us how great they are not to improve their game. Is it just me or do other people find this both untruthful and annoying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care?

Just look for good advice.

Half of the benefit of this forum is learning how to separate good advice from bad advice. This gets you thinking about the game away from the table, which improves your game at the table.

Don't worry about the other stuff.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:49 PM

Worst thread ever.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:22 PM

I lie on the forum.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:06 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Half of the benefit of this forum is learning how to separate good advice from bad advice. This gets you thinking about the game away from the table, which improves your game at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also helps seperate the good advice from bad you will hear on a table. Which can help in reading opponents.

b