Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Default PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.27.

Download Version 0.27 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

PokerAce Hud is a companion application for the PokerTracker online poker hand history tracking application. PA Hud reads the statistics from PokerTracker and places them directly on the poker client window as you play.

What's New in Version 0.27:

# New Feature: Prima/Ladbrokes support.
# New Feature: Super logging (added to help in debugging).
# New Feature: New Stats: Bet Flop, Bet Turn, Bet River, Bet Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Check Raise Flop, Check Raise Turn, Check Raise River, Check Raise Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Raise Flop, Raise Turn, Raise River, Raise Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Aggression Frequency Flop, Aggr Freq Turn, Aggr Freq River, Aggr Freq Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet
# Changed Feature: PokerStars support allows for optional use of the Instant Hand History window.
# Changed Feature: Popup stats will now display your self stats.
# Changed Feature: SQL statements have been optimized for efficiency (thanks, APerfect10).
# Fixed: Omaha icon descriptions are now correct.
# Fixed: Quotes in player name/table name will no longer cause problems.
# Fixed: William Hill self stats should finally be fixed.
# Fixed: PokerStars 6 max tournament tables should have the "Treat as 6 max" on the right-click menu.
# Fixed: Icons for players with aliases should now work properly.

Prima Support
Support for Prima isn't perfect yet. Currently, you cannot use the mini view and you must use the default sitting (don't use the option to have your seat moved elsewhere). Hopefully these will accounted for in the next version. Also, the animation in Prima causes the stats to flicker. It's not incredibly bad, but some may find it annoying.

PokerStars Support
Due to popular demand, support for the Instant Hand History window has been added back into this version. You now have the option to use the Instant Hand History window (allows for stats on observed tables), or the Hand History files PokerStars writes to disk (allows access to the Instant Hand History window).

Aggression Frequency
The new Aggression Frequency stats have been added as an attempt to better define a player's aggression. This stat uses the formula:

(times_bet + times_raised) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

This is a trial stat and may change in future releases. Please use this stat and offer improvements and suggestions if you have any.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list on the PokerAce Software website to be notified of new releases by email.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

Word. Well done as always!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 PM

Should be interesting to check out these new agression/betting stats.
Nice work as always.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:58 PM

Thanks guys. From what I've seen, a total aggression frequency of 50-60 seems to be ideal. Most players with good overall stats seem to fit in this range.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:44 AM

Ya, I;m looking forward to this new feature and to see how well it works.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. From what I've seen, a total aggression frequency of 50-60 seems to be ideal. Most players with good overall stats seem to fit in this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind making a post explaining just what the beef is with the previous PT method of calculating aggression, and how the new formula addresses it? I never really understood what was deficient about the 'old' way.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you mind making a post explaining just what the beef is with the previous PT method of calculating aggression, and how the new formula addresses it? I never really understood what was deficient about the 'old' way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me try to help. People have complained of two problems with 'Aggression Factor' as defined by PT:

1. If a player sees 100 flops, bets 10, calls 2 and folds the rest (88) his PT Aggression Factor (AF) is 5.00 which would appear that he is aggressive. I personally wouldnt call a player that only bets 10 of 100 flops aggressive.

2. A lot of people have complained that AF does not account for a users VP$IP. They state that a user who sees 40% of the flops should be betting less and calling more than a user who sees 20% of the flops.

PokerAce and myself have come up with a formula that includes all the variables that aggression factor uses but also takes into account the frequency of their aggression. Hence the name. The aggression frequency is based on a scale of 0 - 100. 0 meaning bets the least and 100 meaning does nothing but bets. This solves #1 listed above but not #2. In #1 above, the user's aggression frequency would be:

10 + 0 / 10 + 2 + 88 = 10 which would indicate that he isnt frequently aggressive.

We believe aggression frequency can help us narrow down the cards that a player is betting with. The user described above, with an aggression frequency of 10 is obviously only betting TPTK (if that) and better.

Aggression frequency does not do anything for problem #2 described above. Why? Well, I did an in-depth study that looked at the correlation between aggression frequency vs bb/100 and aggression factor vs bb/100. In BOTH cases, the optimum aggression (frequency & factor) was nearly identical for tight players, slightly loose players and loose players; therefore, I do not believe #2 is really a problem at all. While it is seems logical that a tight player should have a higher Aggression frequency and aggression factor the numbers do not back the claim up.

Overall, I believe that Aggression frequency is the better of the two stats. Not only is it more indicative of what I perceive as aggression, it should also help us better narrow down potential holdings of the player betting the street.

I hope that helps you understand the situation a little better. If you or anyone else has any questions or comments, I would be more than happy to respond.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 AM

Is there any way to get PokerAce to work properly with PokerStars 6-max games auto-importing games while you play? Even with the 6-max toggle on the main screen, PokerTracker just imports the 6-max sessions into the appropiate full ring limit, and PokerAce can not find any appropiate HHs in the database (only ones from previous sessions played and properly tagged at 6-max).

-K
Old 09-11-2005, 09:08 AM

Excellent job! Aggresion as defined in PT in fact was not perfect. This is what is infact needed to better determine a players' holdings in each street. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thanks again. I have one question. What is "# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet" ?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:49 AM

May I recommend a new stat so we can compare aggression to passivity:

CALLING Frequency
I believe this stat would therefore use a formula such as:

(times_called + times_cold called) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

times cold called is added above with the attempt to develop a weighted scale. I do not expect this to be a valid formula, I think if someone did a bit of research to determine a divisor we might find the optimal weight.

With the advance acknowledgment that the formula is still flawed, comments anyone?