Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:17 PM

Default PokerEdge on PokerStars

The PokerEdge forum has been down for me the past few days, so I'm going to post my questions here. I have also searched the past few months for all PokerEdge threads and surprisingly have come to find very little. Is mentioning the word "PokerEdge" the new voodoo?

1) Is PokerEdge against Pokerstars terms and conditions?
2) Has anyone ever had their account closed by Pokerstars due to PokerEdge or any other HUDs?
3) How is PokerEdge's database for Pokerstars games? How many players per table have lengthy statistics from PokerEdge?
4) Are there alot of people from 2p2 using PokerEdge on Pokerstars?
Old 09-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: PokerEdge on PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]

1) Is PokerEdge against Pokerstars terms and conditions?
no. They are aware of PE, and do not find it to be a conflict.

2) Has anyone ever had their account closed by Pokerstars due to PokerEdge or any other HUDs?
to my knowledge, no. Poker Stars seems to have a much more tolerant approach, perhaps they welcome development as a tool to increase their user base?

Interesting conversation at my B&M 3/6 table yesterday. I am teaching one of my co-workers how to playpoker, so I played the lowest limit available in the room with him. Nutty lady to my left started talking about Poker Edge, Poker Tracker, and another app. She thought it was creepy that players could pay to have access on her statistical history. In the same conversation she also complained how online games are harder because she can't see the opponents faces and remember how they play. I told her I have heard about Poker Edge and Poker Tracker and I like the idea of using software like this because it makes online games more like B&M games... amazingly the entire table agreed (including her). It just goes to show that a little bit of spin could in theory change Party's attitude about PE.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: PokerEdge on PokerStars

i dont think party has banned the use of pokeredge so much because it bothers their players but because it magnifies the advantages for the players who use it. losing players generally dont care about learning these programs, nor do they want to buy them. all these programs do is allow good players to take the losing players money faster, which is bad for party.