Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: everyone read this if you have posted here.

[ QUOTE ]
If its the latter you should have responded to the criticisms (which you knew would come) as an adult. If its the former, none of this should bother you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, im not exactly a full blown adult yet, still kid like tendencies and such..

also, as for being bothered? im not bothered really, just irritated my view isnt even getting ANY agreements. usually more than one person sees some merit in it.. maybe i actually am bothered.. who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, you play in this hand from round to round is inconsistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLENT! yer absolutely right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] i do play inconsistently. if i didnt, i wouldnt be that much of a player because people would know exactly where i was at every time. good to mix it up. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

[ QUOTE ]

ok so u call me condescending again. flip it around and look at what people have been saying to me. sure, im abrasive, ok, thats how i argue. im not talking down to anyone in my mind. maybe it comes off that way, and now that i actually read it, it does. well, fine, ill bite. i apologize for offending anyone. if you got offended though, i dont think you should be posting on a forum like this. i dont get offended easy, and love being challenged. and no, i didnt ignore yer post, i responded in a way i saw fit. thankyou. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't offended at all, I was just trying to show you why you were getting the kind of responses you were getting from people like pokerscott, lastchance, etc. These people were just responding to the condescending tone, and the way you were berating some people without really explaining why (TT also mentioned this).

Defending your ideas is fine, but the way you were responding in this thread at times was counterproductive, and could piss some people off. That's all I'm saying.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok so u call me condescending again. flip it around and look at what people have been saying to me. sure, im abrasive, ok, thats how i argue. im not talking down to anyone in my mind. maybe it comes off that way, and now that i actually read it, it does. well, fine, ill bite. i apologize for offending anyone. if you got offended though, i dont think you should be posting on a forum like this. i dont get offended easy, and love being challenged. and no, i didnt ignore yer post, i responded in a way i saw fit. thankyou. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't offended at all, I was just trying to show you why you were getting the kind of responses you were getting from people like pokerscott, lastchance, etc. These people were just responding to the condescending tone, and the way you were berating some people without really explaining why (TT also mentioned this).

Defending your ideas is fine, but the way you were responding in this thread at times was counterproductive, and could piss some people off. That's all I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

well maybe IIIIIIII got pissed off. EHOT!??%!%!#? ok yea, great, so i argue with a crude tone. they have every right to post whatever they want about me, telling it like it is, telling it like its not, whatever. but if i get jumped on, ill keep jumping too.

my goal in threads like this.. is actually to make people better. most of the hands i post, are NOT the norm. at all. i like to do things differently. if its counterproductive, so be it. however, i think its a great skill to know and recognize how to play in a lot of different styles. what works for me is mixing it up a LOT. i will play hands in an unorthodox fasion. i provide a bit of insight with the hand, and plenty of defense to it. if thats not a good thing, then i will stop. however i thought i was contributing. holl
Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, as far as that goes, i def see the benefit in having more chips for the bubble blah blah that kinda thing. however, to GET those chips, is it worth risking bringing yerself down to 850 chips to be at 1100ish? maybe.. thats for another day though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the core of your argument though ... that the risk of losing those chips is not worth the potential gain?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, as far as that goes, i def see the benefit in having more chips for the bubble blah blah that kinda thing. however, to GET those chips, is it worth risking bringing yerself down to 850 chips to be at 1100ish? maybe.. thats for another day though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the core of your argument though ... that the risk of losing those chips is not worth the potential gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

not entirely, but it is a big part yes.. what i was saying was that i didnt want to write 3095803215823 more things about it right now, as i think i covered that point enough already. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: everyone read this if you have posted here.

[ QUOTE ]

also, as for being bothered? im not bothered really, just irritated my view isnt even getting ANY agreements. usually more than one person sees some merit in it.. maybe i actually am bothered.. who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's clear that you are bothered. Nothing wrong with that.

[ QUOTE ]
i do play inconsistently. if i didnt, i wouldnt be that much of a player because people would know exactly where i was at every time. good to mix it up. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Doyle. Holla! I didn't do you the disservice of mocking your adolescent complaints against expected criticism of your post. Treat other posters with respect especially when they can help you learn something. That is, simply, the attitude I have always taken with your posts (which have been incredibly helpful) and you should do the same when you are swimming too far from shore.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:44 AM

So, why are you folding this hand?

It just doesn't seem optimal. You're going to be ahead here on the river at least 50% of the time, and while there are a bunch of draws out there which makes your showdown hand quite a bit worse than your hand right now, but it's going to be enough to check-call on the end with profit.

This is a +chip EV move, and in L1, that means money. Why call and check-call down?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, why are you folding this hand?

It just doesn't seem optimal. You're going to be ahead here on the river at least 50% of the time, and while there are a bunch of draws out there which makes your showdown hand quite a bit worse than your hand right now, but it's going to be enough to check-call on the end with profit.

This is a +chip EV move, and in L1, that means money. Why call and check-call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

why call and NOT check-call down you mean? well, lets do this, lets CALL the turn bet. then the river puts the 10 out there. you check again, mp cehcks, lp bets 150. you call, mp raises, lp calls, you fold. costs? more than 200 extra chips. if i did anything here that would cost me 200 chips, it would be taking the aggro stance of check raising the flop and 2/3 potting the turn. im not a huge fan of check calling it down, but it does have its uses. this i dont think is one of them. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 04:08 AM

Like Adanthar said, you don't need to call when the scare card comes out and it's a 3 way pot.

You can probably fold to a T, definitely a 7, maybe a J, Q, 6 or 5, depending on size of bet.

But when the board blanks, you pick up t300 extra that you wouldn't by folding from the pot + calling the extra river bet.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like Adanthar said, you don't need to call when the scare card comes out and it's a 3 way pot.

You can probably fold to a T, definitely a 7, maybe a J, Q, 6 or 5, depending on size of bet.

But when the board blanks, you pick up t300 extra that you wouldn't by folding from the pot + calling the extra river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

not quite 300.. but something like that.. anyways, i still dont like the check call down at all. i would rather cr it and 2/3 pot the turn. holla