Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Should I play the $2500 Limit Hold Em Event At WSOP?

Ok, so I'm gonna be in Vegas during this event. I'm thinking about taking a shot, but I'm not really a tournament player. I'm a middle limit hold em player, but think this event would be fun and of course will have a big payoff. The money is significant, but I could deal with losing it. I wouldn't be mad if I lost that amt. in a limit game, but I'm thinking losing it in a tourn would make me angry. Thoughts?

Jeff
Old 05-23-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Should I play the $2500 Limit Hold Em Event At WSOP?

Is that the smallest LHE tournament buy in at the WSOP?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 PM

I love tournaments, and will be there too, but why play for $2500 (+ fee) when you are not a tournament player. The side game action (live money games) is always very good around the WSOP. Why not put your money there?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 PM

NO. On Sunday the 5th, there is a $1500 event, $2000 on the 11th, and again $1500 on the 15th.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:38 PM

Do they have satallites for these? If so is there a site that lists them (or just show up before and look?) I was thinking about playing in the Limit 2000 on the 11th.

From the 2nd-10th Im going to be working my ass off in Vegas and dont want to invest the 2000 and just be dead tired. However, I think if I can play in a satallite, I can save money if im fried (will take a lil bit to find out cuz Ill be hyped to play in either) or find out Im ok and hopefully do well in the satallite.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I'm gonna be in Vegas during this event. I'm thinking about taking a shot, but I'm not really a tournament player. I'm a middle limit hold em player, but think this event would be fun and of course will have a big payoff. The money is significant, but I could deal with losing it. I wouldn't be mad if I lost that amt. in a limit game, but I'm thinking losing it in a tourn would make me angry. Thoughts?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Try a couple of the online limit tournaments and see if you like it. I'd recommend the Stars $200+15 Saturday night tournament, with a mix of players from donk to top pro, more than occasionally including 2+2ers like cardsharpcook, colson, WSOP2005 and brainwash. It's fun and if you enjoy playing this, you'll almost certainly like the live tourney experience even more.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NO. On Sunday the 5th, there is a $1500 event, $2000 on the 11th, and again $1500 on the 15th.

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case I don't see why you don't just play a smaller buy in WSOP tourney.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:47 AM

Why play in one tourney when you coupld play in satellites for several? You would either lose less money and not get in, or get in and save a whole bunch.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 AM

Yea, go for it. I am guessing that you starting playing poker for fun and this is an opportunity for fun. If you have the money, definitely go for it.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:35 AM

Because (VERY VERY UNFORTUNATELY) I don't live in Las Vegas. I'll just be down the weekend of that tournament. The day before is a $1500 NL Shootout (no thanks). Anyway, I think what I decided is if I do well in AC this weekend and am doing ok in Vegas going into the tournament, I'll probably play. One other negative is if I make the final table, I'll have to miss my flight on Sunday. But I think at that point I won't give a damn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Jeff