Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 06-10-2004, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Am I suffering from TA?

[ QUOTE ]
I will give my justification later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you see a lot of people making bad plays and posting them doesn't mean you have to make a bad play to post here. You're definitely allowed to post well-played hands here as well. Don't mess up on purpose just so you'll have something to post - it's not worth it!
Old 06-10-2004, 06:15 AM

Default No. n/t

Old 06-10-2004, 06:41 AM

Uhhhh, ya, what they said. I cant even comprehend folding this hand even if it wasnt 3-bet before the flop, and since it was Im all the more baffled. I guess you could maybe talk yourself into if it were two bets to you on the turn, but for 1 bet this is the most extreme example of pot odds, chop or no chop. Maybe Aces are out, maybe someones on a flush draw, maybe your outs arent clean, maybe you chop, maybe you win 19 bets for putting in one.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:43 AM

Folding with a draw to the nuts and what's possibly the best hand already is bad. Showing insensitivity to a fine person by referring to "TA" is worse.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:24 PM

no way.

jest or no jest you gotta see this one through, all those callers are giving you what you need, odds...take them...or just continue to play like this and fold against me from here on out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

take care man, and i'll see ya sunday, unless you decided to avoid that marginal situation as well LOL. (ps- this isn't a "marginal" flop either.)

-Barron
Old 06-10-2004, 12:27 PM

thats a distasteful comment.

huh is a man i've played with and i'd regard as a good player. he obviously made the choice here with regards to folding after thinking about it and considering it the best option...its our job to SHOW HIM why folding is wrong so that we all learn...not make snide rude comments like "go work on your game and read some sklansky"

-Barron
Old 06-10-2004, 12:33 PM

andy,

although it doesn't appear to be the case in the post, huh has a very high regard for tommy and has met him and hung out with him for a brief period of time.

we play in a regular game here in the dc area, and although i've only played with him once, i can say he's a good/thinking player. when we played, he was sandwitched between (or seated next to) tylerdurden, one more good player, the resident pro of the game, one marginal player, and myself so not too much wiggle room.

in any case, although i strongly disagree with his fold and also with the title of the post, i know the guy and can say with a clear conscious that he truly meant no slight to the posters on this board or tommy angelo himself.

take care andy.
-Barron
Old 06-10-2004, 07:40 PM

If you read my post you would see that I meant the title as a joke. I meant no disrespect to Tommy, as I am sure he knows.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:44 PM

Another who didn't read the post? If Tommy read the first paragraph of the post, I am sure he realized the title was a joke. I met Tommy last year and have benefitted greatly from his instruction and writing. I even bought him a fruit-plate to show my gratitude [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Results/Bad Justification. I got lucky anyhow.

Yeah, it felt wrong and it was wrong, and I can see this now, but here is my justification.

Firstly, I thought there was absolutely no chance that the Queens were good. Normally I would have outs to draw to a Queen, but the board made this problematic. Okay, so I've got outs right?

I thought about and didn't think I had nearly as many outs as you would imagine. 5 players don't come into a hand without Aces and Tens. I figured with all these people willing to call they either had clubs, Queens, or Kings. I can't be too happy about any of this. It means I very well could be drawing to few outs to a chopped pot (two or three ways). The outs I have are tainted, as there are redraws against me. So what am I looking for? A running full-house or a running second nut single card flush?

All that being said, I think the pot was just too big to justify the lay down. Even a third of this pot is worth going for.

AS luck would have it. A bad King(from a player who ain't letting go) dragged the pot. At least one Queen(Q and a pair) was out and I still suspect the folded hands were clubs or a queen. It worked out, but I still know I should've called.

I wrongly figured up front that I was either going to get involved in this thing or get away from it, while the proper play was probably somewhere in between.