Old 12-24-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Redskins vs Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad officiating

[/ QUOTE ]

call the waaaaaahmbulance and eat some cheese cries

[/ QUOTE ]

One could say that about your continued moaning about the Giants having 9 home games.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:24 PM

There was bad calls on both sides. In the end the Redskins still outplayed the Giants bottom line.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:17 AM

Will Allen lost this game almost single-handedly. He got beat badly on both Moss TDs, and on the 1st Quarter bomb, and he was out of position on Portis' 20-yard TD run around left the end.

And also . . . look: the Redksins did outplay the Giants today, but the officiating was very poor. I haven't complained about lopsided refereeing against the Giants since that [censored] [censored] pass interference call in that playoff game against the Rams in '89, but this was bad.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And also . . . look: the Redksins did outplay the Giants today, but the officiating was very poor. I haven't complained about lopsided refereeing against the Giants since that [censored] [censored] pass interference call in that playoff game against the Rams in '89, but this was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hadn't complained about officiating in 16 years, but chose to do so in a game they lost by 15 points? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 05:52 AM

That might have been a slight exaggeration, but I literally cannot remember the last time I complained about a game (not just individual calls) being poorly officiated against my team, except for that Rams game. My point is that I'm usually the guy talking about how bad calls break both ways, but not today.

The margin of defeat is irrelevant, since I'm not saying that the refs cost them the game.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That might have been a slight exaggeration, but I literally cannot remember the last time I complained about a game (not just individual calls) being poorly officiated against my team, except for that Rams game. My point is that I'm usually the guy talking about how bad calls break both ways, but not today.

The margin of defeat is irrelevant, since I'm not saying that the refs cost them the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about at the end of the playoff game against SF a few years ago on the blown FG? You know the idiot who missed the pass interference call on that play is now a ref.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hadn't complained about officiating in 16 years, but chose to do so in a game they lost by 15 points? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few people have said stuff like this, and I don't understand it. The positions are not mutually exclusive. Yes, the Redskins handed the Giants their heads yesterday, and yes the officiating did not cost the Giants the game. But the officiating against them was absolutely atrocious. There's no conflict between the two. As long as a Giants' fan acknowledges the obvious -- that the Redskins beat the crap out of the Giants, just as the Giants did to them several weeks back -- there is no shame in complaining about the brutal officiating in my opinion.

Personally, I think Walt Coleman is a bad referee to begin with; I said so much to my father-in-law at the beginning of the game. And he didn't let me down. I just wish the league would do something to improve the officiating -- and I don't know what that is, except to get rid of these ridiculous roughing the passer calls.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about at the end of the playoff game against SF a few years ago on the blown FG? You know the idiot who missed the pass interference call on that play is now a ref.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the receiver was actually a tackle illegally downfield, so it wasn't interference since he wasn't an eligible receiver anyways.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:42 PM

Oh, and for those who hate Walt Coleman, here's a page that has all sorts of quotes from the media about his incompetence over the years. Funny thing is, I wasn't even searching for it, I was looking for the official NFL rulebook on pass interference so that I could be sure that it only applied to eligible receivers, and it was like the third entry on google for NFL rulebook pass interference. Too funny.

http://www.provencehome.org/refsuck/...ltcoleman.html
Old 12-25-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the receiver was actually a tackle illegally downfield, so it wasn't interference since he wasn't an eligible receiver anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the guy that got interfered with (Rich Seubert) was eligible. There was another idiot (Tam Hopkins) who was ineligible downfield. It should have been offsetting penalties and a replay of the down.