Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-23-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I checked this playing the $3/$6 SH game and it seem that I was accumulating FPPs at a rate of .625 per dealt hand. Assuming one 4 tables, that would be 300 hands times the .625 equals 188 FPPs per hour.

10,000 VPPs a month to qualify for Platinum divided by 188 FPPs (VPPS) per hour equals about 53 hours of play a month.

To reach SuperNova in 4 months, 100,000 VPPS divided by 188 FPPs per hour equals 531 hours divided by 17 weeks equals 31 hours a week.

If you can 8 table, cut all those hourly figures in half or if you played the same number of hours you would be at SuperNova level in 2 months.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you gettign both FPP's AND VIP points? Haven't had time to look through it. Someone who has please enlighten me a
Was just thinking that VIP points are slightly less worth than the current FPP's.

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and you're getting FPPs faster. The VIP points just move you up the VIP ladder.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:09 PM

Question here: Let's say you have accumulated the VIP points in the month, and when you spend them in the store or whatever, does that decrease your supernova status or is it just the accumulation of them that is needed? (ie will your vip points for the year fall if you spend them? or do you just need to acquire them?)
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Did you happen to notice the TVs and monitors available?

Although, I'm thinking it'll take me forever to get enough points since it's easier to get them in cash games and I mostly play tournaments :-)
Old 12-23-2005, 06:12 PM

Just accumulation.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I checked this playing the $3/$6 SH game and it seem that I was accumulating FPPs at a rate of .625 per dealt hand. Assuming one 4 tables, that would be 300 hands times the .625 equals 188 FPPs per hour.

10,000 VPPs a month to qualify for Platinum divided by 188 FPPs (VPPS) per hour equals about 53 hours of play a month.

To reach SuperNova in 4 months, 100,000 VPPS divided by 188 FPPs per hour equals 531 hours divided by 17 weeks equals 31 hours a week.

If you can 8 table, cut all those hourly figures in half or if you played the same number of hours you would be at SuperNova level in 2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the max number of tables on Stars was 5. Has this changed?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:44 PM

It's kind of odd. It is much easier for a cash game player to earn FPPs than a tourney player but the rewards are heavily tilted towards tourney players.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:01 PM

trash for low-mid NL/PL players
couldn't they at least keep track of fractional FPPs for pots with rake <$1
Old 12-23-2005, 07:10 PM

Okay -

I'm just going by 'raked-hands' (as opposed to VRP's or whatever) because that's what it would be for me playing limit 6-max or full-ring.

First 1.5k raked hands = 1,500 fpp's
First 4k raked hands = 5,250 fpp's
First 10k raked hands = 17,250 fpp's
First 100k raked hands = 242,250 fpp's
First 150k raked hands = 417,250 fpp's
First 200k raked hands = 592,250 fpp's
First 220k raked hands = 662,250 fpp's

It looks like the WSOP main-event pacakge might be in the 650k fpp's range (because the $5k event is 310k fpp's) which would be about 220k raked-hands.

Obviously if you're going to do this the points add up faster after you get those first 100k hands out of the way.

So for about 150k-160k raked-hands you are off to Europe for an EPT event if you like (about a $6.5k-$6.9k package).

This is about 4.3 cents in value per raked-hand.
Little tight to try to get this in January anyway.

But you can think about Barcelona or Ireland next Sept or Oct if you want (assuming the EPT continues and they are a part of it).

If I just wanted to do the WSOP main-event and the PCA package in Jan 2007 (both around the 650k FPP range I'm guessing) then it will be 220k raked-hands approx for the WSOP main-event and then another 177k raked-hands after that for the PCA package.

That's 397k raked hands for about $24k (each package worth $12k I think??) which is about 6.04 cents in value per raked-hand.

Obviously this will be better if Stars cuts the Super-novas a break and lets them have the WSOP-ME at a better price than my projections.
Since they are playing there a freaking LOT I don't think it should be too much to ask to get 8-cents or more in value per raked-hand.

It's not mind-blowingly amazing...but if you are interested in participating in these things (as I am) it's not too terrible either.

And as O-Doyle pointed out you also get some value from the Supernova and VIP weekly and monthly tournaments.

Obviously if you aren't interested in these big events or the elctronic items there then it's not for you.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Other observations:

- This blows away Party's VIP club simply by it's organization and relative straight-forwardness.
There are no situations where you have to be home to get a phone-call or else you won't get your offer fo rthat month.
And I certainly can't imagine that stars would reneg on any of their offers as happened to so many Party VIP's who played hard for a whole month and then came away with less than they expected and were told.

Whatever value there is can be seen for yourself and there is zero guess-work to that end (except for the fact that they haven't posted FPP prices for the WSOP-ME or PCA yet).

It's not something they are just making up as they go along (as seems to be the case with Party).

Party has been giving excuses for about 3 months now that their VIP club is still in it's infancy and you will have to give them time to develop it and work out the kinks.
Well...Stars VIP club hasn't even started yet and it's already better organized than that sillyness over at Party.

"We'll have an offer for you in a few days."
"Your December offers are coming soon."
etc etc etc.

there is no run-around trying to get a hold of them, "please let me in your VIP club."
Stars tells you directly up front how much you need to play.

If there was just a bit more value to it I'd say Stars' was superior in every way.
But major tournament packages where one only gets 4-6 cents per raked-hand in value is not quite the value I was hoping for.
I think for that kind of high-volume where you aren't even getting cash back (just tourney packages or whatever) one should get a little more.

O-Doyle went to the WSOP ME for 120k hands on a different site (didn't even have to be raked-hands as I recall) and I think that's a pretty reasonable value.

On Stars it's 160k raked-hands just to get a $6.9k EPT package which is certainly not an exceptional value.

I was getting 4-cents per raked-hand with my deal over at Party-VIP and that was straight-up cash (back when they were actually giving cash-offers...not sure if that will be happening again or not...you can never tell over there).

But, I do appreciate the ability to at least SEE what kind of value I'm getting ahead of time and not have to guess so much as one does at Party.