Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-23-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Making the most with a baby flush

Turn: Bet or checkraise?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Old 12-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Making the most with a baby flush

I would bet because the turn is a scare card for a lot of hands. The flop aggresor might slow down here with so many opponents and if you check it might get checked around.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:56 PM

I like the c/r. Someone is betting here and I'm praying the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] doesn't drop on the river but I want to get the most money in here while I'm ahead.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 PM

I bet and 3-bet the turn, idea trying to charge the most from the pair, straight hands, and bigger flush draw hands.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:10 PM

im fine with going for a c/r because the turn is a 9.

also i would check the flop.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop a lot with different hands (bottom pair, middle pair, TP, draw) from the SB &amp; BB so I like the bet on the flop. It also sets up for a good c/r on the turn when you hit.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop a lot with different hands (bottom pair, middle pair, TP, draw) from the SB &amp; BB so I like the bet on the flop. It also sets up for a good c/r on the turn when you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
you seem to be disregarding the fact that the flop is 5-way and the board is TJK, because i really, really doubt you bet "a lot with different hands" very often on this board from the blinds. it sucks ass when you bet and get raised by one of the guys in early position. it sucks if you get two or less callers.

and how does betting set you up for a turn check raise when you hit? what if no one raises your flop bet? what if the same scenario OP posted happens but the turn card is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:50 PM

I was going to CR most hearts, but with the 9 being such a scare card on this board, I just bet out.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:06 PM

i check this flop and bet the turn.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you seem to be disregarding the fact that the flop is 5-way and the board is TJK, because i really, really doubt you bet "a lot with different hands" very often on this board from the blinds. it sucks ass when you bet and get raised by one of the guys in early position. it sucks if you get two or less callers.

and how does betting set you up for a turn check raise when you hit? what if no one raises your flop bet? what if the same scenario OP posted happens but the turn card is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay your right I didn't see this is five way. Guess that's what I get for not fully paying attention while I'm reading this board and working [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'd probably check here with the flush draw OOP since there is five but I don't think leading is terrible when you have a piece of the board. It wasn't raised preflop so unless someone is being sneaky I'm probably good here with a lot of hands.

Leading or not leading the turn when not raised on the flop is dependant on how aggro the players are after you and obviously what falls. Many SH aggro players will attempt to pick the pot up from late position when checked to and can be counted on for a bet.

The 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to me is more of a reason to check raise hoping someone has a straight. If a 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] drops I'm more inclined to lead unless I know someone is aggro and will bet.