Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: $22 PP - Hooks with a A on the flop and again on the turn

Villain would have pushed any ace preflop so call and see a low pocket pair
Old 12-21-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: $22 PP - Hooks with an A on the flop and again on the turn

Dude, if you are limping with JJ from UTG why on earth are you betting an ace high flop out of position?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:03 PM

My view in the 22s is not "preservation". I play to win. I 6 table the 22's and 22 dollars in no way significantly effects my bankroll. The reason I say this is a check fold is because I feel that the real place where you win money in SNGs is on the bubble or when the blinds have increased to a large percentage of your stack. If you lose 500 you have aproximately 1000 chips, which means that when the blinds hit 50-100 you are going to have to push in order to successfully steal blinds. If you fold here you have 1500 chips which means that you can still successfully steal using a 3xBB+2xlimpers formula. I find that you have a much greater chance of winning the tourament if you opt for the second situation rather than the first. It is much easier to win a tournament going into the high blind levels with a bigger stack. The difference between having 1400 chips and 900 chips on the bubble is much greater than the difference between 1400 and 1800.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:53 PM

I was waiting for somebody to ask that. I honestly have no answer for you.

Every step of this hand I played differently than I ever have before (other than the original limp). I always check this flop with an under pair, cause somebody ALWAYS has an Ace at the $11s and $22s. I never bet out on a turn A/K when it pairs the board.

Basically, I never bluff when an Ace hits the board. That's why I did it this time and that's why I posted the hand. I am hoping there is a way to win this hand.

Oh, and I suck at poker.