Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Is this a good place to save bets?

Villain is loose and fairly bipolar - ie in a previous hand he capped t3s on the flop on a drawy board in a pot with me and another guy when he just had TPNK. On the other side of things, ive seen him peel with undercards, peel the turn with a gutshot, and then donk the river when he hits.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Is this a good place to save bets?

Against this guy I probably cap the flop / lead the turn.

I'm undedecided about a river raise, but probably won't like it unless I can fold to a raise (which I doubt I can here).
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM

I'd rather put bets in on the flop and turn against this guy rather than the river, especially with how he overplays his draws.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:51 AM

i would also cap the flop if you think you have the sort of hand worthy of a river c/r
Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 AM

I don't like the river checkraise. If you think your hand is too strong to just call down after his flop 3 bet or you are afraid that he will check behind on one of the late streets then I think you should donk one of them instead of checkraising. In my opinion, two or three turn/river bets are acceptable but four is not. And since I think you need to see a showdown, that removes checkraising the turn or river from my arsenal for this hand.

Cartman
Old 12-20-2005, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
7 folds, <font color="red"> Button raises </font> , Hero calls, 1 fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
?????

I think I would cap the flop then take the lead or call down if he bets into me again on a non-super-scary board.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 AM

Yuck. You wait until your kicker doesn't play and THEN raise planning to payoff a 3-bet too? This doesn't make any sense to me. What are you trying to accomplish?

-Eric