Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Iraq: The Case of Cutting and Running

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/...raq-withdrawal
The Atlantic, December 2005, Nir Rosen.

I don't completely agree with the author’s suggestions but I do admire people who can form coherent thoughts and communicate them well. This guy spent 16 months in Iraq and I think he makes some great points. Overall I admire his analysis.

Personally I think the US military should stay a little bit longer but we can't hold the interim govt hands forever. Eventually they need to man-up. The US military has been very effective in killing insurgents. The results of this are demonstrated by:
1. The insurgents now primarily target Iraqis rather than coalition troops. US Troops have dealt HUGE losses to insurgents.
2. There have not been any effective attacks on oil facilities for a long time.
3. Also the captured suicide bombing in Jordan said US Troops killed most of her family that were involved in the insurgency.

US Troops are killing lots of head-chopping-psycho-pathetic-murdering-scum. A few more months of killing these scum and I think US troops can begin their withdrawal. Personally, I’d like to see an independent Kurdish state established in Iraq. It would be nice to have a Muslim state that likes the USA. Many Kurds admire Israel and want to model a Kurdish state after Israel.