Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: One week straight

Another thing about all these "coke" movies is that they never end good. Yet, people continue to use the drug. I don't get it. So many people would have had it made if it wasn't for drugs. Even gangsters, who are generally scumbags, would have had a higher survival rate if they just didn't get involved with that junk. Paulie from Goodfellas warned against it, Vito Corleone (fiction) warned against it, and tons of the old tim gangsters warned against it. So, why do people do it?

craig
Old 08-28-2005, 10:49 AM

people are probably just in denial about it, thinking that they are going to be the one person in history who has discipline over it. Kind of like most people who play poker who lose. They know most people lose, but they deceive themselves into thinking they are better than everyone else and that they can beat the game.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
people are probably just in denial about it, thinking that they are going to be the one person in history who has discipline over it. Kind of like most people who play poker who lose. They know most people lose, but they deceive themselves into thinking they are better than everyone else and that they can beat the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, possibly. But, I also think coke is glamorous (it is the most glamorous of all the drugs) and there is a lot of money in it. Like "cokequestion", he spent tons in a short time. Imagine if he did it for another year. And who knows..maybe he will. So, I think you have the pushers who know how much they can make and then they just got to get a customer to try it a few times..and BAM..tons of money.

craig
Old 08-28-2005, 12:07 PM

You are on the right track, keep it up. You are showing extreme strenght and will power. I am very impressed by what you have accomplished so far. Good luck to you! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily agree with all the 12 steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude might prevent you from succeeding.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily agree with all the 12 steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude might prevent you from succeeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would that attitude prevent me from succeeding. I have just been doing a lot of research and feel that their might be more progressive programs out there. That is all I was saying. Is a 12 step program the only proven addiction recovery program? Here is the thing, I don't think I could get past step one. So, unless I start skipping steps, that wouldn't be very good. I am not saying you are wrong..I am just saying there might be better things for me to try.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:31 PM

I searched your posts to find out if someone guessed who you were but that thread got deleted. So who are you?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings.
Sorround yourself with family, sober friends, and other people
getting sober. The first couple weeks will be a rollercoaster
but hang on no matter what happens. It will get easier.
I wish you the best of luck in getting sober. It will be the
BEST thing you will ever do in your entire life.

The truth will set you free.
Jay
Old 08-28-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I searched your posts to find out if someone guessed who you were but that thread got deleted. So who are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had Mat delete the post. I decided it would really comeback to haunt me if people found out. Also, one of my "friends" ratted, so I did not think that was fair (that was in the rules). Also, Gori, made me realize how irrational I was being for having that type of "give-a-way $200" for guessing who I am. Only one person guessed right and they pretty much cheated.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings.
Sorround yourself with family, sober friends, and other people
getting sober. The first couple weeks will be a rollercoaster
but hang on no matter what happens. It will get easier.
I wish you the best of luck in getting sober. It will be the
BEST thing you will ever do in your entire life.

The truth will set you free.
Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the plan. But, not a 12 step plan. I have come to realize there is more to this than addiction. I think I need meetings with a more holistic approach, such as Bipolar II. But, once I move at the end of this week I will be in a very good insurance situation. Thanks for the help Jayboo. It saddens me to know you know who I am, but don't know it. Like you said, "the truth will set me free".