Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Default $20-40 AA huge pot

Ridiculous $20-40 game at Commerce. 6 people seeing the flop usually for two bets with all sorts of crap.

UTG (loose but very passive) limps, UTG+1 (only decent spot) raises, I 3-bet from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], button (awful LAG) calls, SB (awful loose, semi-aggressive) calls, BB calls, UTG and UTG+1 both call.

6 to the flop for 18 SB.
8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I call.
I put the button and SB on draws, not sure about the others yet. I know the button will bet the turn whether she hits her draw or not, so I planned to check-raise anything but a spade, 6, or 7 on the turn.

5 to the turn for 14BB.
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to the button who bets, SB calls, BB calls, now UTG+1 raises. I figure he could have any overpair and 3-bet, button and SB start groaning and call, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

4 to the river for 27 BB.
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet, button slams her cards into the muck, SB reluctantly calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final pot: 30 BB
Old 03-04-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: $20-40 AA huge pot

3-Bet the flop further trying to force draws out. Thats a scary board with loose players.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-Bet the flop further trying to force draws out. Thats a scary board with loose players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is ever folding a flush draw in this spot to any number of bets...especially in the CA games I hear so much about. There they probably aren't folding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 03-04-2005, 03:57 PM

I also think that 3 betting the flop screams to everyone at the table that you have an overpair. You aren't forcing anybody out by 3 betting the flop, so I really like your line here.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:01 PM

I like it. Since you know button will bet turn, I don't have any problem with the flop smooth call. Absent that read, I would three-bet flop for value, not because I think anyone will fold since the action up to this point makes this a little optimistic. Your turn check-raise is a "deep check" (a Tommy-ism), risky that button will take free card, but if you are sure he will bet, then okay, increased edge and all.

On the turn, you made a good read on the good player. Its hard to put him on anything but something like TT-QQ.

I played in that Commerce game a few times. Once I looked around at the lineup and had tears in my eyes. It was so beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. Since you know button will bet turn, I don't have any problem with the flop smooth call. Absent that read, I would three-bet flop for value, not because I think anyone will fold since the action up to this point makes this a little optimistic. Your turn check-raise is a "deep check" (a Tommy-ism), risky that button will take free card, but if you are sure he will bet, then okay, increased edge and all.

On the turn, you made a good read on the good player. Its hard to put him on anything but something like TT-QQ.

I played in that Commerce game a few times. Once I looked around at the lineup and had tears in my eyes. It was so beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the analysis to go by. Very well played by the way.

CSC
Old 03-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Aswesome hand. Nicely played.

Krishan
Old 03-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Any validity to betting the turn and hoping the button will raise to thin the field?

Peace

Goodie