Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2003, 10:55 PM

Default Today\'s most hated Net player

Let me set the stage for you 53 players PokerStars WSOP cash seats tounament, 5 1/2 hours later now 4 players.

abc2000 26K
Maxx 9K
Miros 88K
donald 7K

1st. WSOP seat $1000 cash
2nd WSOP seat $1000 cash
3rd $10,600
4th ZERO

This is at a 15 minute break.

Deal on the table in chat is two big stacks take 1st and 2nd, and the two short stacks split 3rd ($5300 each). Miros wants to play it out and the rule is everyone deals or no one deals.

Miros wants an extra $1500 in cash plus 1st. place.

No deal and Donald is out in a couple of hands.

Comments?

MS Sunshine
Old 03-29-2003, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Today\'s most hated Net player

Miros is a personal friend of mine, so I admit I am more than a little biased in this matter, however...
I was genuinely angered by the rudeness of the railbirds towards him. He had NOTHING TO GAIN by the terms of the original deal, therefore he countered it. He offered an alternative deal that was not accepted. Frankly if I'd have been him, with two players begging to make a deal, I'd have done exactly the same. If they want to make a deal so badly, they have to be prepared to give up something to entice another party who is reluctant to deal, to agree. With the chips as they were it should be his deal or no deal. They opted for the latter.
Not that Miros will care what anyone thinks of him, however, and nor should he. But it does make me mad when I see people insulting him for having the temerity to act in his own interest rather than in that of his opponents.

Regards,
Richard
Old 03-30-2003, 12:25 AM

Wow, GREAT POST.
I think you are exactly right, Miros did the right thing.

G316K@aol.com
Old 03-30-2003, 12:36 PM

Excellent post. I agree 100%. [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 04:21 PM

Default There was no requirement to consult Miros

IMO a deal could have been made without Miros' agreement. He is getting the maximum allowable by the rules of the tournament and the 3rd and 4th players could have made a deal over 3rd place prize money and conceded 1st and 2nd place.

Miros may even have been cheating by asking for a prize larger than allowed by the tournament rules.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:41 PM

Default Re: There was no requirement to consult Miros

"Miros may even have been cheating by asking for a prize larger than allowed by the tournament rules."

If the tournament allows deals why can't he ask for more. Is it we think what we are asking is fair and so you must go along?

The site's management was right there. The rule is everyone must deal or no deal. I don't know where you think he was cheating? I really don't.

MS Sunshine
Old 03-30-2003, 04:46 PM

I'm sorry but this is utter garbage.
See my comments below on a UK comp where three people tried to make a deal without consulting the fourth and wound up gifting him first place.
As for the suggestion that Miros cheated, it is so laughable as to not require a response.

Regards,
Richard
Old 03-30-2003, 05:14 PM

The rules about players agreeing is to prevent collusion - if a player is conceded 1st prize they cannot be colluded against.

The other 3 players should have made it clear that they were conceding 1st place to Miros and disposing of the remaining prizes as they thought fit and sat out.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:28 PM

The rules also stated the 4th place got a crying towel. You do not seem too upset that they were attempting to change this rule.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:57 PM

Just thought I would add my two cents.

[ QUOTE ]
He had NOTHING TO GAIN by the terms of the original deal, therefore he countered it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also had nothing to gain by NOT taking the deal. There is no way he was going to make more by playing on. Refusing the deal was NOT acting in his own interest. In fact it was against his interest as there was a tiny (but non-zero) chance that he could end up with nothing.

My view is that this action is like that of a judge or politician asking for a bribe for doing something that he whould be doing anyway. It was just plain mean.

Just my view.